The Past Is Now The Future

TECHNOLOGY TODAY

The Past Is Now The Future

By August Spreck

February 5, 4981

23-year-old Jenifer Temprae has finally achieved what many thought was exclusive to science fiction: time travel.

"I hope that this will allow us to better understand history. Everything that happened in the past is now available to us. We can find out why things went wrong and make sure it won't happen again. We can find out why things went right and apply it to our lives today. We'll be able to study ancient civilizations, even see real dinosaurs. The possibilities are endless," Miss Temprae says during her interview.

It all started with the new trend, SSMA, or superspeed muscle augmentations. The SSMA moves the particles in your body through the fourth dimension, which allows people to teleport through space. Adapting technology from the SSMA, Miss Temprae was able to teleport her body. Except she's not teleporting from her house to the grocery store; she's teleporting to the past.

"That's the one let down," Temprae says. "You can only go back in time, not forwards. Still, there are many possibilities. Everything is so new and needs further research. I'm really excited."

And we're excited too. How it works is that you time travel using a special remote where you can enter how many years you want to go back. By pressing confirm, you are teleported through what Temprae calls "intermediate time" before reaching your destination. Temprae already has her patent. She's calling it the Time-Turner, a nod to her favorite series, Harry Potter.

We'll all get to feel like Hermione Granger soon after the Time-Turner hits the market. Perhaps in the future, time travel will be the norm.