Chapter 31

"What if you meet him?" Laying my head on her lap, she played with my hair.

"What will you do?" She asked. Looking down on me, her long eyelashes still drenched from crying when she brought me to my new apartment.

Hmm.

"I want him to see that I'm okay without him." I said in between my heavy sighs. "But isn't that what I did in the past?"

Her hands stopped fondling with my hair, a small rise in the corner of her lips showed.

"My poor baby." She placed her smooth palm on my cheek. I closed my eyes, no tears are coming out anymore, I just want to feel the warmth of my sisters hand.

"You can't force yourself to act as if nothing ever happened, as if he never broke you. The poison he left, you can't take it all out at once...it's not that easy." I can only hear her voice, my eyes are closed as I just lay my head on her lap.

"Then what should I do?" I asked.

"Hm." I felt the warmth left my cheek. I opened my eyes when she tapped my forehead with her finger.

"Don't think too much." She stopped patting my forehead and her finger moved to my chest, just on top of where my heart is.

"For once you can let your heart out, set it free. If you feel like you don't wanna see him then turn around and walk away. That would be okay, just don't push yourself."

Why is he here? I wanted to ask them.

As I stared at him, it just feels like not a day has passed since I last talked to him. His dark eyes looked around the room, I prepared myself to meet his eyes.

Yet my heart still skipped a beat when his dark eyes halted the moment he met mine.

He stopped walking, those eyes remained on me, his mouth parted while his gaze wandered on my face.

Sis your sister is a moron. I might be doing it all over again. I can't walk away.

I smiled at him, raising my hand I waved it to greet him.

He was taken back and without any hesitation he moved towards me, but he was just able to take two steps before Chan went besides me, his hand coming back to my waist. His fingers brushing on my exposed skin, the hair on my skin stood up with his sudden touch.

I dropped my hand to my side, I didn't look at Chan but my eyes remained on Sehun's. My mind focused on regulating my breathing and my beating heart before I opened my mouth.

"Long time no see." I said. His eyes fluttered and as he was about to move his lips Chan spoke.

"Hey man." Chan nodded, acknowledging Sehun's presence. Sehun stood still, his lips twitched looking at the tall man besides me. Clenching his jaw as his breathing got heavier.

"Chanyeol." He said in a low tone, his eyes looked down on Chan's hand.

"You didn't tell us you'd come." Chan's deep voice echoed in the room.

"Do I really need to tell you every time ?" Sehun raised his face to look at Chan. Chan just shrugged and the place turned quiet. Only the muffled songs of the club entered the room, the soft beats of the ground as people turned into crickets.

Of course Chan and Sehun knew each other, but I didn't expect Sehun to be friends with Lay.

I tilted my head and my eyes went on Lay, seeing Lay was about to turn his back on us.