"10 Godforsaken Hours"

Start from the beginning

"If you feel unsafe there just.. tell Stella what happened? I'm sure she'll let someone else go in your place" He reaches over the table and squeezes my hand reassuringly. I offer him my most genuine smile "It's fine. It was a long time ago, i'm okay now. Besides i have friends there"

"You don't talk about your friends a lot" I chuckle "There's not much to say. I've known them since we were kids, we were all apart at some point in life but stuck together first year of Uni and then... i came here" I shrug nonchalantly, smiling.

He tilts his head to the side, his hazel eyes searching my grey ones, brows knotted ever so slightly. "There's an edge to you, but i can't figure out what..." He trails off, staring at me longer. His gaze falls on my lips but then moves back up to my eyes, his tongue runs over his plump lips, teeth tugging at it.

I smirk "In front of my waffles? How dare you" he rolls his eyes, grinning. "I can't help it, you look beautiful.." Butterflies flutter around in my stomach, my cheeks burning.

He leans in closer, smiling at me knowingly "Come on, you know you want it" he wiggles his brows, i throw my head back laughing. "Stop, you look hilarious" I nudge his forehead back with my fingertips, he laughs along "Eat your waffles" he gives up, smiling at me as he stabs his own waffles.

I smile like a giddy school girl, chewing with pink cheeks.

After breakfast, Hunter lounges around the living room as i pack the last of my stuff.

"Crap!" I hiss, remembering the stuff for Gen and Monica. "Something wrong?" Hunter gets off the couch and walks up to me, worry painted over his soft features.

"No its nothing, i was supposed to buy my friends something. Since i'm.. seeing them after a long time" His face twists into a soft smile, he reaches for me and caresses the backs of his warm fingers against my cheek.

Nathan always had cold fingers...

"It's okay, do you want me to go run out and pick something for them while you get dressed?" I smile, taking his hand and encasing it in both of mine. "No way, its fine. I'll just buy them something from the airport Duty Free."

He frowns "Are you doubting my skills at picking gifts for women?" I laugh "No you idiot, i don't want you running around like a headless chicken on fire, looking for something nice to gift my best friends."

He scoffs "Yeah sure" he pulls his hand away, crossing his arms over his chest like a little kid. I roll my eyes, tugging his arms away from his body "I want to spend as much time as i can with you before i run off to London for 2 weeks" I say as i wrap my arms around his torso, resting my chin on his chest and looking up at him with a smile.

"Oh really? For all i know your, what?? high school sweetheart will come out of no where and sweep you away from under my nose" I stiffen at his comment, i swear i feel the blood drain out of my face and my heart stop for a split second before they all rush to catch up with the beat they left off on.

"I never had a high school sweetheart" I breathe out, masking the skip in my pulse. "Okay then... College sweetheart!" He laughs, but i don't laugh much because all i can hear is..

Nathan, nathan, nathan, nathan. Chanting over and over in my head until i have to pull away as slowly as i can as to not freak Hunter out of make him question me.