i'd be comin' right back home to you

twenty-three | i'd be comin' right back home to you

trigger warning: some mention of abuse in this chapter.

-------
December 12, 2019:

"Babe, are you nervous about releasing your album tomorrow?" Jack asked grabbing Harry's waist and kissing Harry's forehead.

"Yeah, a little," Harry replied.

"Why?" Jack asked kissing Harry on the lips.

"Well, when an artist releases new music, there is always a feeling deep down wondering if it's good enough or how the fans will respond, even when it's your most prized possession," Harry said.

This was true, normally, but that wasn't the reason Harry was nervous. Harry debated releasing Canyon Moon for years but he promised himself a long time ago that he would release it with his next album. He wrote most of the songs on Fine Line about Louis but he had a feeling that Canyon Moon would be the song that would bring Louis back to him. Harry knew it was wrong to think like this, he has been in a relationship with Jack for two years, but he just didn't love Jack like he loved Louis.

"That makes total sense, Harry. It'll be great! They'll love it! I'll love it, though I don't understand why I have to wait to hear it," Jack said.

Harry didn't want to give Jack the advantage of hearing the album before Louis.

"I just like making you suffer," Harry chuckled.

Don't get me wrong Harry loved Jack. Harry was happy with Jack, there was no fighting like there was with Louis. It was nice, but Harry wasn't in love, he didn't want nice. Jack was a great guy, but Harry was lying to himself. Jack wasn't his, Louis was.

'I keep thinking back to a time under the canyon moon'

--

December 13th, 2019:

Louis' pov:

Louis has been dating Oliver for two years, he hasn't given Harry much thought but he still missed him so much and every once in a while he would think back on his time with Harry. They had so many great adventures together. Harry saved his life, how was he supposed to forget that?

Oliver became abusive toward Louis. Louis wouldn't give Oliver the things he wanted and Olly started to lash out.

The other boys stopped checking in on him, Lou really didn't want them too. Louis told no one about the abuse, Niall still checked on him, but he wouldn't let Niall come over if he he ever had a new bruise.

--

Lou was deep in thought again, thinking about Harry.

"Lou? What are you thinking about? You zoned out again," Oliver said, a little concerned.

"Um...nothing" Louis said, trying to snap out of it.

"You're thinking about Harry again, aren't you?" Oliver yelled.

"No..I mean yes, he saved my life. Am I supposed to forget that?" Louis asked.

"No, but you don't have to love him" Oliver snapped.

"But, Olly, I do love him, I never stopped!" Louis yelled back, surprising himself, that was the first time he's admitted it.

"Wow!"

"Olly, I love you too!" Louis said, grabbing Oliver's hand.

'I love him, I do, I really do'  Louis repeated to himself thinking that maybe if he convinced himself, it would come true.