Chapter 18

Jefferson's POV

Washington called me to his desk as soon as I entered class.
"Is something wrong with Hamilton?" He asked, obviously very worried. "He called in sick."
I was a little confused. Had Alexander had a few drinks? He was supposed to be the designated sober person.
"Sir, he was fine yesterday," I replied, furrowing my brows. 
"He has arrived in class with a fever and cough before, and I had to send him home," Mr Washington said. "It's very unlike him to miss class."
"I'll look into it, sir," I promised. 

As Hamilton and I had a practice session today, it had to be rescheduled to the next week. I sat in class, not listening to Burr and Madison give their tentative and probably well-thought arguments, and instead pondered over last night. 
My memory was mostly a blur, the last thing I remembered being the fact that Alexander had asked me to stay close to him because nobody would get our costume. After that, it was fuzzy at best, with a few flashes of red and purple, which I'm sure were the lights. 

Soon the bell rang and signaled to lunch, while I ran to Hamilton's dorm. If he was actually sick, he would be buzzing around, and John would be trying to calm him down. 
I knocked on the door, and heard a feeble "It's open" before I went inside. John was nowhere to be found, so I went straight into Hamilton's bedroom. 

He was on his bed, facing away from the door, and I could hear loud sobs. 

"Hey, hey hey hey," I said, and rushed to the side of his bed. "What's wrong?"
Hamilton turned around and wiped his face. "Nothing, Jefferson, nothing."
"Why are you crying?"
"I'm sick."
"Bullshit. When you're sick you drink too much coffee and act like a child. I'm friends with John too, you know."
He sniffled. 
"Tell me the truth, Alexander."
He let out a sigh. "I'm just - I don't feel okay."
"Why?"
"I'm not telling you, Jefferson."
"Yes, you are."
"Why would you even care?"
"Hamilton, stop being a brat, and tell me."

"I found someone I liked in bed with someone else," he said. 
"Who? John?"
"No, not John."
I internally scratched my head. Who, if not John?

"Will you tell me their name?"
Hamilton paused for a second, and said, "Eliza."

Eliza?
Eliza Schuyler?
"What?"
"Yes, Eliza. You wanted to know, and I told you. Now get out."
I never agreed with him, and I wasn't about to start now.

"I'm coming back after my classes are over. Invite John, and whoever else you want, and we'll have another movie night to get your mind off of things. Alright?"
"If I agree, will you leave me alone?"
"No, but it's not like you have a choice."
"Fine."

I went out of his room, and raided the fridge to find some pop tarts and a coffee pot. Keeping the sinking feeling in my stomach aside, I placed them on Hamilton's nightstand, and took off for my law class, and the only thing in my mind was Hamilton. 

How did he like Eliza?
He kissed me a few weeks ago.
Of course, he wouldn't lie about liking someone, right? Who would do that?

A/N - I would apologize for this chapter being short, but I won't, because I need to switch to HamSlice's POV and I don't want to do it in the middle of a chapter. Also pls don't forget about the crumpled letter, it is vvvvv important 
Love y'all