Chapter 6

Jefferson's POV

What the hell?
Alexander Hamilton is in my arms, snoring like nothing happened. It was so confusing.
The last thing I remember is that in the heat of the moment, I had hugged him, unsure of what to do. How did that end up in this position?
And moreover, what happened to him?

I had never been close enough to Hamilton to know about this. So, I pulled one of my arms free and took my phone out, and called Laurens. 

"Hey, John?" I asked quietly, trying not to wake Hamilton.
"Yes?" He sounded annoyed, probably because he was in what Hamilton would refer to as a 'tryst'. 
"I think Hamilton just had a panic attack."
"What?!" he yelled into the phone and I could immediately hear some rustling and a female voice asking him what was wrong. Peggy, I assumed. 
"There was a storm -"
"Why didn't he call me? Is he okay? Where is he?"
"He's in my dorm."

I heard the phone click and soon I heard a knock at the door.
"It's open!" I whisper-yelled, trying not to wake Alexander. 
John came in and was immediately flabbergasted by the scene in front of him.

Oh, yes. That scene. Because Hamilton's so-called arch-enemy was holding him in his arms and supporting him while he was passed out. 
It didn't matter right now, because Alexander was currently passed out.

"John? What happened?"
"He has panic attacks in storms."
"Why?"
"Not my place to tell you, Thomas. It's something that happened in his childhood."
I could hazard a guess as to what it was, but I didn't want to aggravate John.
"So will you take him to his dorm or?"
"Yes. Thankfully, when he passes out he's a very deep sleeper, and there's nothing that can wake him except a fire."
I removed my arms and John tried to balance Hamilton on his shoulder and miserably failed. I then tried to balance him with John, but I was too tall to do so. 

"I'll carry him," I offered, and picked him up bridal style. John raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything as he followed me to their building and into their dorm. Hamilton didn't weigh much, and it was infinitely easier than carrying Madison (long story).

I put him down in his bed and sighed.
"Thank you for your help, Jefferson," John said. "What was he doing in your dorm in the first place?"
"We were watching Mindhunter."
"Alright. Nothing else, right?"
I scoffed. "What else would it be, Laurens?"
"As if you haven't been spending copious amounts of time together already, Jefferson. Also, just to remind you in case you get any ideas, Hamilton likes it when he knows the person he's with."
"I know that, Turtle Boy."
"Sure you do, Magenta Man."

I went back to my dorm, sat down and started replaying everything in my mind.
A flood.
I quickly unlocked my phone and searched 'Caribbean hurricane Nevis'.  The search results showed a few hurricanes, but there was one in Nevis, when Hamilton would've been 17 or 18.
So that's what he was talking about. I felt really bad for him, who wouldn't? And if he could hide this from even Lafayette and Madison, what else was he hiding?

I have to find out what was going on with Hamilton. I have to be a better friend to him.

A/N : I know this chapter was a lil pointless but I'm very happy. ALSO THIS STORY IS #92 IN THE HAMILTON MUSICAL TAG AND #174 IN JAMILTON TAG AGH THANK YOU FOR READING MY SHITTY WRITING. I LOVE Y'ALL.