Chapter 11

Hamilton's POV

Two weeks had passed, and there was only one until regionals. 
Unfortunately, the stress hadn't helped with Jefferson's absolute annoying ass.

"No, Jefferson, if we're talking about nuclear non-proliferation, we cannot condone nuclear wars!"
"That's the only point that will work in this context!"
"If you don't want to go against, just give it to me."
"And have Mr Washington look at me with disappointment? No thank you."
"Then find better points!"
"Hamilton, this is a completely reasonable point! Nobody cares about the implication of one sentence I say!"

Jefferson and I were neck to neck - well, head to Adam's Apple. I wanted to kill him, and but there was something else on my mind, and that feeling was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't say it.
Jefferson turned around and sat down. Thankfully we weren't in the library and we could scream all we wanted - Mr Washington had loaned us his office on the weekends after we got kicked out of the library last week. It was always fascinating to see how the kids skirted around us nowadays, because most of the time, we were either discussing debate like no tomorrow, or ready to rip each other's throat out, and this led to very weird interactions. 

"Hamilton! Do you want to go to Upstate and get some pizza? You sound hungry," Jefferson said, closing his laptop. I suspected that it was actually him who was hungry, and he didn't want to take the responsibility of luring us away from work.
"Jefferson, if you're hungry, just say it."
"Am not."
"Are too."
I shut my notebook and began to pack up. "Whatever, Jeff. If you say so."
"And I do say so."

I sighed and we made our way down to Upstate, where we sat down and had a few slices of pepperoni pizza and talked about random stuff, including the fact that poor Eliza had been cheated on by Alec Henry, again.
"So, Hammy," Jefferson cooed after he paid the check, "I think I'll return a favor."
"What?" I was very confused and took a sip of my Coca-Cola. "What favor?"
"Remember when you asked me if I had any trysts? I'm going to embarrass you now."
"What?"
"What happened with the ice-cream machine?"
I choked on a sip of my drink. "What?"
"With Laurens."
"I thought - I thought you knew."
"No, I've just heard it abstractly referred to."
"Do I have to do this?"
"No, but then there will be consequences."
"What kind?"

Jefferson smiled and said, "I'll tell everyone about the fact that you liked Angelica."
"That's not true," I defended, trying not to look like I was bothered.
"Let's see what they think," Jefferson smirked. "EVERYONE -"

"Alright, alright," I conceded and pulled his arm. "I'll tell you."
"Lay it on me."
I took a deep breath. "I told John I liked him during high school, and it was in a crowded hallway because I was scared. Without saying a word, he took me down to the deserted cafeteria and told me that he wanted to try kissing me, because he wasn't sure of his sexuality, and we kissed near the ice-cream machine -"
"Did you get frisk-ay?"
"Shut up, Jefferson. Do you want to hear this or not?"
He shook his head, his little curls bouncing with his movements.
"John pulled out and said that was the most disappointing kiss he'd ever had, in what I can now understand was a joke, and I got so embarrassed that I tried to run away and knocked down the ice cream machine, and then Laurens had to pay a giant fine."
"But you were the one who knocked it down."
"I couldn't pay the fine, you idiot."
Jefferson nodded again. "Why do you not talk about this?"
"Because it's embarrassing. I was the worst kiss John's ever had."
"He was joking, you idiot."
"I'm sure there was some level of truth in it."

Jefferson stared at me for a second, and said very nonchalantly, "I'm sure someone will prove him wrong one day."

A/N : FIRST THINGS FIRST - 212 READS!!!!!!!!!!
I had only published one story before this and it took 3 years for it to get 200 reads, and y'all are so wonderful that you gave me that IN 10 DAYS. 
This calls for a celebration.
I know nobody really cares about these author's notes, but one thing I'll say - the last sentence is one to remember :)
Also, someone told me that I was fetishizing gay men because I was apparently a cishet woman writing about gay relationships - I'm a biromantic demisexual genderqueer person. And I'm sure you understand that a theater kid, who plans to become a neuroscientist and writes fanfiction among more serious works of creative writing (aka letters) and plans to dye their hair blue once they come out to their parents, is not some cishet woman fetishizing gay relationships. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
As always, comment, vote and share.