Chapter 15

Hamilton's POV

"Jeff, we have no time!" I screamed, trying to make him understand. 
"Nationals are in three months," he said nonchalantly.

"THREE MONTHS!"
"Stop screeching, Glazed Ham. Your neighbors must file  a lot of noise complaints."
"Shut up, Jeff."

"Look," he said, shifting on the couch. "Halloween is in two days, and I really don't want to think about Nationals now. I can't believe I have to spend that much time with you."
I smacked him. "You enjoy it."
"Somehow I do, Hamil-shit. Somehow I do."

We adjusted into our usual positions on the couch - me slumping over one handle of the magenta monstrosity, legs spread towards the coffee table, and Jefferson inclined over the other, his legs spread over the rest of the couch. Usually after we fell asleep, our legs and hands would entangle themselves, but that was an unconscious entanglement that I had only previously done with Laurens. Speaking of John-

"I noticed you only used plastic straws, Jefferson," I said, drawling out the 'plastic', "And you're killing turtles."
"We live in New York City, no turtles surround us. Except John."
"Anyway, I decided to get you a little present, as a thank-you for being not so assholic over the past few weeks."
I took out a metal magenta straw from my backpack, and Jefferson squeaked in surprise. 

"Yes, Jeff, it's that terrible color you seem to love so much."
"Says the guy sitting very comfortably on that color of couch."
"The color has nothing to do with my comfort, although it does hurt my eyes."
"Shut up, Ham Pie."

I chuckled. "Ham Pie doesn't even make sense. Here," I said, handing him the straw and its accompanying straw brush cleaner. 
"Why is the thing so prickly?" He asked, examining the cleaner.
"It's used to clean the inside of the straw, you idiot."

He got up, poured himself a cup of water, and stuck the straw inside it.
"No, you dumbass, clean it first!" I yelled into the kitchen.
"It's fine," he said, slurping the water up. "Thanks, Alex."
"You're welcome," I said, smiling.

"Hamilton," he said tentatively, "I have nobody to go with for Halloween shopping."
"Mads?" I asked inquisitively.
"He has a date, with Angelica, of all people."
"Angie will talk his ears off. Just like you, Thomas."

He chuckled. "My point was, since John and Peggy are somehow still together and John hates me -"
"Yeah I don't know why," I interrupted.
"- I need someone to go with me, to stop me from being Blackbeard for another year."

I got up from the couch and curtsied, "At your service, m'lord."
"Glad to hear it, Ham Wrap."
"Now you're just making up recipes."

We finished watching Eat Pray Love and Jefferson wiped his tears away. I sent a text to John asking where he was, and he sent back a sock emoji.
"Ugh, Jeggy's back at it," I groaned, while Jeff smiled. 
"So we can go now," he smiled, and threw my green jacket at me. "Let's go."
"No, I'm tired," I whined.
"It is 3:30 in a Saturday afternoon, Hamil-sleep. Now let's go."

I reluctantly got up and put my jacket on, following Jefferson to his car. After blasting Taylor Swift and enduring Jeff's voice during Lover, we finally arrived at the costume store.

"Alright, I'm going in," Jeff whispered in a secret agent voice, and dragged me along. I passed a few costumes and immediately spotted the perfect one for Jefferson, but I decided to wait. 

He then proceeded to try out a pirate costume ("Blackbeard? More like Bore-beard"), a Ghostbusters costume ("You wear that, you'll be the one ghosted") and finally, came out in a unicorn onesie.
"You feeling horny, Jeff?" I asked, trying to hold my laughter in.
"Shut up," he said, blushing. "I like onesies."
"Me too."

"Anyway, I already found one perfect for you," I said, smiling. I went over to the rack and pulled it out.

"A surgeon?" Jeff asked, his beautiful brown eyes crinkling.
"Of course, there's a part of it missing," I said, giggling. "Just get this and I'll get mine."

When Jeff went inside to try it, I quickly ran to the next aisle to grab mine, went into the next stall and put mine on. It didn't take much time, and I heard Jefferson rattling the door and rushed out as well.

As soon as Jefferson's eyes caught mine, he doubled over in laughter.
"A-a grape?" He managed to say within laughs. "Alex -"
"It's genius, isn't it?" I said, giggling.

"They did surgery on a grape," Thomas squealed. "God, Hamilton, if I wasn't dressed in a costume I haven't bought yet I would hug you."
"I know, Jeff, I'm amazing," I said cockily.
"You look good in purple, you know."

I blushed. "Get these, Jeff."
He chuckled and we quickly changed out of our costumes and bought them. Thomas and I were still chuckling when we got home, and I insisted on taking these to my dorm to wash them. 
"Who knows who's worn them?"
"You are too worried for your own good, Hamil-dip."
"What was that?"
"I don't know either. Good night."
"Good night, Jeff."

A/N : THIS CHAPTER IS FILLER BUT IT IS FLUFF AND I WILL NOT TAKE ANY CRITICISM I LOVE IT.
I got this idea from One Day at a Time when Pen meets Victor's fiancee Nicole.
300 READS. AND ONE PERSON CALLED ROSE PETAL 83 WHO IS CONSTANTLY COMMENTING. I JUST IM SOFT FOR YALL. 

AND #94 IN JAMILTON? I JUST I WANT TO HUG EVERYONE WHO HAS READ THIS FANFICTION.