Chapter 2: Could he be any gayer?

I walk into the closet, a slight giggle escaping my lips. Aren't wizards supposed to be all wise? Or at least smart? Phtt she tells me to wear a dress? After waking me up at this undisney hour! I can count on one hand how many times I have worn a dress and there's a reason for it. I hate them.

To be fair I hate a lot of things but them especially. I know, very Queen like right? Well to be honest I see Athena more as the Queen, I like hanging in the back working on all the important details instead of showing myself off.

Yeah, Athena hates all that too but I'm the type of girl who doesn't care. When Chloe returns home she will handle all that and all will be well but for now, well sorry Doomsland.

I know what you're thinking, what an angel! Well let me tell you something I'm no angel like the ones you hear about who are all up in the clouds doing whatever that guy God tells them to.

I mean sure, I'm blond, I do fly around in the clouds a lot because our castle does sit just above the cloud line, and I do have wings but they aren't white.

My giant cascading wings are as black as night but soft as a swan. I usually don't have them out during the day, sure it feels a lot less constricting but Wilfred, our royal advisor 'advised' me to keep them out of people's way. He said they should be a rare sight, one that they would be considered blessing to see. So with that in mind I stick with spreading my wings and flying where the people can't see me.

Not really caring about this meeting with the person who leads and controls our army, I slip on a pair of black liquid leggings and a blood red knit sweater. Perfect.

Done with the clothes part of getting ready.

I head into the master bathroom where Athena is standing in front of our floor to ceiling length mirror trying to tame her mass amount of curly brown hair. She has never been a big fan of her hair, she is always trying something new with it, she has cut it, dyed it, and all that other boring jazz. Personally I think it works perfectly on her, it matches her dark brown eyes and tanned skin, besides it adds a little height to her moderately short body.

The thing about Athena, she isn't as confident as she should be. She is super smart and way prettier than she gives herself credit for. Like me she puts up walls and isn't the biggest fan of socializing but when you get through to her you will never meet a nicer person. I guess in that aspect she's the opposite of me.

I walk up beside her and look at my reflection in the mirror, the result? I cringe. I sure am not a morning person, and you can hold me to that. Going and getting out a comb I spend a good ten minutes brushing it out until all I can see is long golden waves.

"So where exactly are you going?" I ask, sitting up on the counter and dangling my feet. It won't hurt if I waste time talking right?

"I have to go to the East woods to check up on one of my suspicions, it should take all day to get through."

The East woods, also referred to as the dark side, is a place I put in a ton of effort to avoid. Doomsland is an island, surrounded entirely by something you wouldn't necessarily call water but it is to us.

Anyway the island is really big, enough so to have several terrains, the forests around the castle and near the village are great, full of life, but the forest on the east end near the black market... not so good.

In terms of ruling, Athena handles all the crime and evil in the kingdom, something I am more than happy not to have to do. For some reason she likes it, I don't know if it's because she's into that stuff or because it almost always involves her species, witches. But my Disney don't tell her that, she despises being put in the same category as witches.