Chapter 26: Not your date

“Are you ever going to tell Athena about the mine situation?”

I try to ignore him, I mean Knox has been pestering me about it the entire time my sister and Peter had been dancing along to the orchestra's music. He had moved closer to me with each comment as well which made him that much harder to block out, I was well aware of him as he whispered into my ear.

“Lilly are you really going to let this fight stand in the way of Doomslands safety?” That’s it!

I turn my head in Knox’s direction and my eyes land straight on his stormy grey one, his lips set in an annoying smirk.

        “We wouldn’t be in a fight if I didn’t care about my people,” I whisper, fully intent to leave it at that but the asshole had the guts to give me a disapproving look with a quirk of his eyebrow “What? We are going on our own investigation tomorrow so it’s not like were doing nothing. Now zip your trap or else you're going to have another person that hates your guts!” I warn and look back at the dance happening before me.

         “Are you say you don’t hate me? Wow I must be more amazing than I thought if you have gone from wanting to kill to not even hating me in just a few short hours,” Lilly don’t slap him, you're surrounded by people “Maybe us sleeping together had something to do with it but I don’t fret I don’t blame you, I mean come on look at me!” He proclaims a little louder than I wanted him to.

        Having enough of him I discreetly grab him by his ear and pull him down causing his head to obediently come down to my level. Once I’m satisfied with the amount of pain I’m putting him in I drag him towards the back of the ballroom where only a few commoners socialize. When we reach the back wall I throw the laughing man at the wall. After hitting the wall he hunches over in what I proudly thought was pain but apparently not because his laughing gets louder and he clutches his stomach.

        “First of all I do hate you, just not as much as everyone else. Second, we did not sleep together so don’t make it sound that way! For Disney sake you weren’t even in the bed till you woke me up!” I hiss at him and his laughing seems to double.

        When his laughing dies down and glances spared from party goers fade away Knox stands back p at full height but his smile remains “Wilfred doesn't hate me, in fact if this morning was any indication your royal advisor likes me a little too much,” He claims as he holds up his thumb and index finger to show little space in between them.

         I cross my arms and roll my eyes at him, if he only knew “Knox, Wilfred does hate you he just thinks you're gorgeous!” For some weird reason I thought this would make his smile falter at least a little bit but instead it grew to the size of a Cheshire cat, which is ironic.

         “So you, Wilfred, and I have something in common. I say that’s progress.”