Chapter 30: Apology accepted

“Have you decided on your new charm?” I ask Chloe as I pack up all the essentials into my basket. Right now were getting ready to head off to the island. Wilfred had informed me that Lilly had returned along with the general just a few short moments ago but had already headed off to the island. Apparently Knox had requested to come as ‘protection’ from we had to deny, no General was allowed to step foot in our sacred tomb, no one was. Even Wilfred couldn’t come with us and that was saying a lot!

“Yes, it’s a red feather,” Chloe bragged, her voice coming from our room as I am currently in my tower. I didn’t have to ask her, I knew the red feather would be the same as Peter’s, showing once again her undying love for him, I swear those two define the word love.

Finding the last ingredient, dirt collected from the island the day we were declared royals, I climbed back down to our room. Chloe is getting dressed down from her morning attire, changing into a pair of leggings and a comfortable top. I had just stuck with jeans and a t-shirt, simple as ever.

We arrived to the island alone about an hour later, the moon replacing the sun in the darkening sky. Lilly sits in a rock surrounded by the entirely creepy landscape of the island. This small island is located just off the shore of our north-west coast, it’s so small that you can easily see across the other side, even through the dead trees that remain standing as they sway in the wind. Everything about this island creeps people out but it’s not what’s on top of the island that we seek. Lilly stands when she sees us and walks behind a bush, as she walks her head descends lower and lower to the ground before she is entirely gone. Looking back at Chloe we both nod and begin walking down the shallow stairs.

We enter the sacred tomb and take a moment to look around. The tomb is like a circular cave, one giant boulder set in the middle with three black candles set on top of it. What makes it so sacred or powerful? This being to underground to a tiny island set off our coast water seeps through the ground, falling smoothly down the walls of the cave collecting in a hollowed ring that surrounds the cave and then draining out to a place unknown. With all the beautifies, all the treasures, all the scary places in Doomsland this tops all categories. It’s darkness hides mysteries in the shadows, the fallen stars that peek out from the walls and the floors shimmer where they lay, and the colorful water that streams down has such properties that take your breath away.

“Did everyone bring they necklaces?” I asked, not sparing a glance towards Lilly whom already stands at the back of the cave behind the large boulder, her large black wings spread out behind her taking up the space given by the entire back wall. Though few people have ever seen her strong, slick wings every one of them would never be able to explain their beauty because no words are good enough.

Chloe walks over to the boulder and stands beside Lilly at her candle “You know I have mine,” She says holding up her red feather pendant and placing in on the center of the boulder.

“I know I was aiming my question at the incompetent person in the room,” I sneer and Lilly quirks an eyebrow knowing I’m talking about her.

“Talking to yourself again Athena?” Lilly laughs and I glare.