30. The Fallen Angel

Start from the beginning

The other guys went to my dad to talk, I could see their facials change from panic to complete agony. I couldn't handle it, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't maintain my stance....

So I dropped.

I fell down to the floor on my knees crying uncontrollably. I felt my mum try to pull me up but no use, so she sat in front of me with my head in her arms. A mother's soothing embrace always brought me to ease, but this time... nothing could.

I used the last of my strength and stood up walking to his door with the visible window showing what I wish I could take back. Jace's pale body being pumped by the defibrillator, his lifeless body connected to endless tubes. Bandages covered around his face and arms with the many discernible scars and cuts.

I groaned screaming in pain, I could feel the spirit in me dying.

"JACEEEE!" I shout banging on the door. "JACE WAKE UP! PLEASE!" I cry irrepressibly with my knees weakening by each moment I hear the slow beeps of his heart.

I felt Jayden and Arthur try to hold me back but I shrugged them off and continuously banged against the door. "JACE LISTEN TO ME! WAKE UP!" I was slowly drowning in my tears as it became harder to breathe with each intake of shouting.

A nurse came over and opened the door, "Please Miss, we need to concentrate. If you please just sit down and-"

"NO!" I spat back in pain, "HE NEEDS ME THERE! JUST LET HIM HEAR MY VOICE AND HE WILL BE OKAY! HE WILL WAKE UP, I SWEAR!" I choked in my cries.

"Please Skye... just sit down" Arthur softly says tugging me to the seats.

"NO! JUST LET ME THROUGH!" I shout shoving over the nurse and running into the room. My heart dropped with the clear view of Jace, MY JACE... unresponsive, motionless on the table with doctors and nurses surrounding him.

*beep*beep*beep*

The doctors and nurses immediately look up trying to court me out, but I wasn't going to budge.

"JACE! LISTEN TO ME.... PLEASE! I NEED YOU! DON'T LEAVE ME, YOU PROMISED NOT TO LEAVE ME!" My inner pain was surrounding me in complete darkness. I felt like I was falling in a deep black hole that was in utter darkness.

Nurses and the boys tried tugging me outside repeating, "please Skye... just please come out". I glared at them, I could feel my adrenaline rush kick in and shoved them off. I ran to Jace and took hold of his hand tightly.

"Miss... please we need you to stay outside as we operate" The doctor looks at me sympathetically. I looked at the doctor with tears streaming down my hopeless face, "Please... I won't interrupt just please... let me stay..."

The doctor thought for a second and nodded, continuing with the operation.

I held Jace's hand securely, kissing it over and over again. Like the way he kissed me when we were 7.

"Jace... please, I love you. You're my everything; you're the best thing to have to come to this world. You can't leave me, you can't! I need you, you're the air I breathe, and you're the person I need. I love you so so so much" I whisper while leaning my head on his hand and whimpering. I could feel his cold hand beneath my face; I began blowing it to warm it in my palms.

"You made a pact you'd never leave me! Just don't... please..." My red face wet his hand with my non-stop tears, I rubbed the tears with my sleeves and that's when I saw the huge slice across his stomach that the doctors and nurses were working on.

He was losing blood.

Too much blood

I stared intently at Jace's fragile features, his high cheekbones that were bruised, his defined jawline that was cut, his lip ring that had slight blood on it, his beautiful grey green eyes that were closed. I leaned over and caressed his cheek making sure I wasn't in the way of the doctors. I couldn't feel his warmth, I couldn't feel his movement, I couldn't feel his soft breaths, I couldn't feel Jace.