54. The Absent Truth

Chapter 54

The Absent Truth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You There – Aquilo

Heal - Tom Odell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat there.

Hands clasped on my lap. Eyes watery. Lips quivering.

"Skye... A lot has happened. So much more than what you know... and I know it's hard, I know it's difficult to remember this, remember it all. But know this, every step, every minute, we are here for you. We love you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skye Einstein.

There is no typical girl, as everyone is unique. So, I could never introduce her as a typical girl, who went through typical things. A typical high school, with a typical journey. Boys, adventures, mistakes, redemption.

Because she was so much more. Is, so much more.

Skye went through a lot of pain, till now she could never acknowledge that.

Taken out for her 16th birthday by her childhood group of friends, a journey and an unexpected turn of events occurred. And as most teenagers go, they live through a sense of freedom, naivety and curiosity, so they couldn't of, as I the narrator couldn't of... known what was to happen.

Skye span around in the middle of the road, taking in the fresh air, the surroundings of green, the thrill of a new adventure. Jace, her childhood best friend, stood at the side admiring her features. He thought of the possibilities, feeling the way his heart beats just as fast as the numerous thoughts swarm through his mind.

He turned, just for a second, but a second too long.

Neither of them would have known what was to come.

That second he turned, he regrets till now. But it was never his fault, yet he couldn't help but blame himself.

That second made a turn in their paths. Changing Skye's, Jace's & the whole of their families and friends lives. Including the person who made that single split mistake, costing him a long-term pain of regret.

The vehicle hit her in a matter of a snap of the fingers. No one saw it coming.

The impact lifted her body up and slammed it back down just as fast. Her head was the first part to hit the concrete. Immediate brain haemorrhage causing post-traumatic amnesia.

The driver, just a kid himself, was too terrified to respond. He wanted to help, but that was just it, he was a kid, he was scared, and the outcome of helping could lead to other paths of downfall for himself. A few seconds later, he reversed and turned, speeding the other way.

The accident caused a 3 month coma. 3 months of torture, of worry, of any possibility of whether she'd make it out alive or not. But, she was strong and she made it out alive. Inevitably, aftermath causes did occur, including a loss of the past year's memories.

Skye Light Einstein was a multi-talented, generous and loving person. Her passion was piano and writing. Could she know that now? No, she wouldn't know the basic keys on a piano even if she tried. She wouldn't remember how she yearned to write another piece, whether it be music, poetry or a story. She wouldn't remember the generous and helpful things she did for each friend. She wouldn't remember some of the greatest moments in her life. She wouldn't remember her real first kiss.

She wouldn't remember the love she shared.

Most of all, she wouldn't remember those 3 months.

She couldn't remember the accident.