40. Skye's Delicious Addiction

Chapter 40-

Skye's Delicious Addiction

Some Type of Love - Charlie Puth (play towards the end)

~~~~~~~~~

Jace's POV

"Well, my mum work's in the fashion industry. She wants me to get on it, yah know? In fact, she got me a summer job and wanted me to meet a coworker's son or something" Kaycee snorts, playing with her fingers. I raise a brow intrigued, my mum works at a fashion industry and just before I made the radical choice to leave, I was asked to meet her friend's daughter.

"No kidding" I laugh in return, "My mum works at a fashion industry too and wanted me to meet a co worker's daughter too" I lick my lip ring, leaning back on the head rest.

"Really? Your mum's name isn't, Janet, is it?" She asks, I scoff abruptly at the familiar name, familiar? Eh, it was my mother's name.

"Well..." I looked down, "yes."

"How ironic is that" she scrunches her nose, amused by the coincidence. I couldn't help but see my Skye doing the same. Skye's little button nose scrunching every time she scrutinizes something, gah... Skye.

"Earth to Jacey!" Kaycee calls. I grimace and try to hide my disgusted expression from that name. Only person that could call me that, that wouldn't make me feel stupid, is Skye.

"Oh yeah... sorry... just thinking I guess" I mumble under my breath.

It's been a good hour or so, that I've been talking to Kaycee. More of being, polite to respond. I was aware of the girl's flirtatious antics, her moving her hair to the side to show off her shoulder, I scoffed and looked away, hiding in a laugh. Her constantly licking her lips and looking up at me, I laughed this time and she wondered why. Her frequent trying actions, of touching me, I just simply scooted away. Her pointing out endless similarities, yet we have pretty much nothing. Okay, our eyes are similar, piercings sure, and the mother ordeal is totally coincidence, but overall? Nah

She told me a great deal of herself, she's a nice girl. Simple, not crazy, high, not shady. But she was also bad news. I'll simplify this.

She was always the girlfriend of the bad boy, in her last 3 schools of 4 years. She was a party girl, drank a shit load, slept around, rebelled against conformities, and smoked a f*ck load of marijuana.

Sounds like me, eh? Minus the drugs. But I can tell you this, no one, and I mean no one will ever replace Skye.

"So you'll definitely show me around when school starts?" She asks, more of insisting the whole time we talked.

"Uh" I scratch the back of my neck, "You know what, I have heaps of great mates that can do it for you, I'm going to be heaps busy when I get back so"

"Oh damn" Kaycee exclaims, an annoyed expression obvious. "How about I just wait for you? I prefer being toured by someone I know" she smiles.

We will be landing shortly, please buckle up and relax. Thank you for riding BlowHard Airlines

The speakers announce. On cue.

"Well, damn look at the time, got to go!" I exclaim, moving past her and onto the aisles.

"We haven't landed yet!"

"Sir, can you please return to your seat"

"Ooh, he's hot"

Were what I heard while I roamed past to the bathroom. I sigh, shutting the door and leaning my back against the sink. I take out my phone and scroll through my messages with Skye, immediately I smile.