𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Last time, I couldn't say anything to Herren because my brother was there, but now that I had found him alone, I was tempted to try out some of the pain-inducing curses I'd learned in the shrine. One of my deepest desires was to see him die a slow, painful death. 

'I will never forget.' 

Herren didn't say anything. He watched me with a sinister calm filled in his features. His eyes were clouded with certain darkness I was familiar with. Meanwhile, my darkest, most painful memories started to flash in front of my eyes. 

'I will never forget.'

Ugh! Why was this happening now? I thought I had gotten over this. NOT NOW! Something must have shown on my face because the tip of Herren's lips curled slyly while his knowing eyes pinned me down with a suffocating weight.

"In case you have forgotten, Theresa, your brother, is the Emperor. He has more important things to do than talk to you,"

"Herren," I gritted, tensing my hold on his shirt to the point that it was about to tear. "Let me see my brother,"

"I said it once, and I am not going to repeat it. You should go now," He told me with the same calm.

"I'm not going away unless I get to talk to my brother,"

"Then I'd have to throw you out," He declared.

"Do you have it in you to throw out the Emperor's sister?" I dared.

He gave out a short dry laugh and commented, "Emperor's sister? She died five years ago. I'm sure you're aware of the Capitol punishment given to people who pretend to be dead Royals," He said mockingly, fuelling my scalding anger. 

"I know it was your doing all along," I pushed him back, seething. He staggered back a bit, but his features remained unnaturally calm. It tempted me to punch him in the face, but that wouldn't have been without any consequence. I needed to keep my calm. I couldn't leave without seeing my brother this time. Vittoria would unite me with my ancestors otherwise. "It was your ideas— sending me to the shrine. Or else, I would have sat on the throne instead of my incompetent brother. I'm the true heiress of the throne. My brother isn't. He's a mere puppet,"

'I WILL NEVER FORGET!'

At this, he threw his head back and indeed laughed.

"I didn't have anything to do with the shrine. They conduct their affairs in secrecy," He spoke with a wicked smile, his voice sounding like the hiss of a snake, "But the rest was my design, yes,"

As I looked at that old man smiling, I wanted to cause him the most painful death. I wanted to do so many veil things to him that his soul would carry the pain to its next body and make it suffer as well. 

"Are you crying?" He asked in a mocking tone as an angry tear betrayed me and ran down my cheek. I was clenching my fists so hard; I could feel blood dripping on the marble floor. I was shaking with rage as he laughed again.

"You robbed me of my family, of my...," I gritted, but my voice was wavering due to rage. The tears had started to come one after the other, joining the parade of betrayal. He waved his hand.

"Oh, come on, you were in captivity for four years only. People spend their whole lives in it and never get to see the sun. You should thank your fates that you get to stand here and be an ungrateful brat to the man who showed you kindness and let you live. If there were someone else in my place, then the Virgin Princess' grave wouldn't be empty today," He told me with that same wicked smile. 

'I will never forget.'

"You'll pay a high price for this, Herren," I promised him with my shaking voice and tears streaming down my face.

'I will never forget.'

"That, we shall see, but you shouldn't blame me for everything. I am just a Nobleman, put here to do god's work. It's all by god's design. You should blame him equally, if not more, and if you wish to find out the truth, go back to the shrine and do some digging. The High Priestess lies masterfully, especially this young one, but the dead ones don't," He spoke with severe grimness. 

"I'm not leaving without seeing my brother," I demanded again, but by this time, he had called the guards who spared no time dragging me out of there and throwing me out on the streets.

I will never forget.

_

Comment and let me know and please share it with your friends if you're enjoying it so far :D

Add this book to your library and follow me to be notified of the new chapters every Monday and Thursday.

To read the free following two chapters, head over to Inkitt. Read up to chapter 14 on Patreon. The links are in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3

The Priestess' Affair [Books 1 &2]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें