𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬

-HIM-

Once I saw her, I couldn't help myself anymore. I let go of everything holding me back and went after her. Feeling the sparks after such a long time made me forget everything and focus only on her. I had missed the feeling so much. I had missed her so much, and there was no way I wanted to let her go again, but things weren't that easy.

Were they?

She pushed me back briefly, armed with a glare, daring me to touch her again, but at the same time, I could smell her arousal in the air. She might not show it, but I could see all the signs etched on her body of missing me. After all, it was the mate bond. No one could avoid it.

As I slowly neared her lips again, the intensity of her glare increased. If anything, this further made me want to kiss her more. It was as if she was challenging me in a way, and unfortunately for her, I loved it. I didn't have much to lose, so I dived for another kiss without wasting another second.

She tried to dig her fingers into my chest, but as soon as our lips met and sparks flew, she gave up and joined me in the kiss. There was still a slight hesitation from her as I kissed her gently, taking my time to caress her bottom lip. I wrapped an arm around her waist, and with the other hand, I held the back of her neck to allow me to deepen the kiss. She moaned against my lips, pushing me to the edge.

She seemed to melt against me, the soft curves of her body pressed against my hard muscles. The only thing keeping us apart was the few layers of fabric. But even that didn't stop the heat of our bodies mingling together. She was close to me, yet it felt like she was still far away. It made me want her more. It hurt to have her in my arms, yet I couldn't make her mine.

I finally let her go when she was out of breath. Her face was utterly flushed as she caught her breath, looking at me with lust and anger.

"Why are you here?" She asked me again.

"I want to know who you are," I stated clearly. Instantly, something flickered in her eyes, but it disappeared soon enough. "You know my truth. I deserve to know yours too," I added.

"What makes you think that I owe you that?" She snapped, trying to push me back, but I hadn't let her go yet, and I wasn't going to let her go soon.

"Because you're my mate," I told her grimly, but she gave a dry humourless laugh in response.

"If you think that I would cave in because of those made-up things, then you're mistaken—" Before she could finish talking, my lips were on hers again, claiming them again. As the intense sparks flew again, she quivered in my arms. I deepened the kiss, demanding more this time for daring to question the mate bond. If only I could make her feel the intensity of emotions that the mate bond had been making me feel all this time.

"Never question it again," I growled against her lips, feeling her shiver in my arm.

"I didn't choose you, and I would have never chosen you even if I had the choice," She hissed, her voice wavering.

"I didn't choose you either. It just happens, but we cannot deny it," I told her, caressing her face gently while looking deep into her eyes. She was trying to maintain her glare, but it wasn't working anymore. As it threatened to slip from her face, I saw hints of despair and betrayal in her eyes.

"You need to tell me the truth," I whispered. She shook her head, peeling my hands off her face.

"There's no truth," She told me curtly. "And it's not like I am under a compulsion to accept you," She gritted, looking at me with watery eyes. Her words hurt me, but I could see on her face that she was fighting with herself.

"What did you listen that night?" I asked her after giving her a long hard look.

"I didn't listen anything," she lied straightly. At this pace, I wasn't going to get anywhere with her. I could see the stubbornness on her face. Even though a part of me loved it but at the same time, it was starting to create more trouble for me in this situation.

"What were you doing in Theoron's wing yesterday?" I probed. Her eyes instantly widened in shock. "I know you were there, and I also know that you might have something to do with the fire," I added.

"I don't know what you're talking about," She lied again.

"You were seen entering the Emperor's wing before the fire broke out," I told her, "What happened inside there?" I pressed.

"I don't understand how these things concern you," she shot back.

"It concerns me because you were there," I told her grimly, "and I know that you have something to do with all of it,"

"I have said this before, and I am saying this again, I have nothing to do with anything here!" She affirmed, her voice slightly rising. I could hear the frustration in it.

"Then what's keeping you from telling me the truth?" I asked. This silenced her for a while. I could see her fighting herself internally. If only there were a way to see inside a person's mind, I might have figured out at least a couple of things because I was starting to doubt if I could get something out of her.

"What will you do if you know my truth?" She laid out her words cautiously.

"I might be able to help you," I whispered. In a few seconds, many emotions flickered through her eyes like the flickering pages of a book before everything was hidden behind her tough facade.

"The only way you can help me is by forgetting me and leaving Somirea forever and never looking back. Would you be able to do that?"

_

The next 3 chapters are free on Inkitt. Read the complete book on Patreon. The Links are in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: His Scarlet Match (up to chapter 15), Saint (up to chapter 5) and many other stories.

Thanks for reading <3