16- The Week Ends, Weekends

Start from the beginning

"Well, I've seen the way the others are a bit pissed at having to work here, they're mad because they have something to go back to when this is all done. Some of us don't, and this'll be the best we ever have it."

"Very cute. What's your point."

"I wanted to ask if I could still work here once my debt is paid off, and have this as an actual job, if you'd let me."

"We'll have to see; I know a criminal record is holding you back," You can see him visibly stiffen. "But as long as what happened is not too severe, and you have a perfect explanation for it, I'd be glad to offer you a permanent place here. Just prove to me you can do the work right."

The air around him seemed to brighten with his smile, and he was back to your desk in mere moments to shake your hand graciously. 

It was obvious with how tight his uniform fit him that Wamuu was incredibly large, and by that length, incredibly strong, but the feeling of your hand being crushed beneath his much larger one was still a surprising and unwelcome feeling.

You could've sworn you felt your finger bones click together beneath your glove in horrid fashion. The glove itself nearly even slipped off when he pulled away, something that caused you to yelp and tug it back with unprecedented force. 

His joy quickly faded as concern took over, fear he's screwed up his chance, and fear he's hurt you. "Forgive me, I got too excited, I didn't-- are you alright? Should I go get that little nurse man?"

You grimaced as you snapped the glove back onto your wrist, not even bothering to acknowledge his despairing expression that's convinced him he's messed it all up.

"You aren't in any trouble, I know you're just happy at the opportunity. How about we talk about this at a later time, after you've proven to me your skill? I'm sure you have much to show me."

"I won't let you down. Thank you again, Mx. (Y/n). I'll get out of your hair now."

Wamuu, for lack of better wording, skipped to the office doors to resume his work and prove himself, when he suddenly stopped his exit once more. 

"By the way," He says, turning back around. "Do you know where Kira is? You said he was out, but not where."

"If my memory serves me well, I sent him out with Valorie on an errand." You don't bother to look at him when you answer. Perhaps that should've been his first clue. "Now, no more questions or distractions. Let's get back to work."

That venomous green light he saw on his first day made itself known again, and it burned him beneath its violent glare.

No more questions or distractions. Let's get back to work.

The door closed behind him as he fell into that familiar auto-pilot, and you were finally given peace. 

"Do you hear that Kira? People are looking for you." You spoke into the air. 

A bit of an amused smile came when there was no reply, and you left your chair in a gingerly hop as you walked to your bedroom with a key tucked into your palm. You could hear the bedframe squeak when you audibly stuck the key inside the doorknob.

It was dark when the door finally opened, only the stream of light from your office serving to illuminate the cavernous environment. That was when the figure on the bed made itself known to you.

"Untie me you sick fuck."

You clicked your tongue and shut the door behind you, locking it all within the same beat. The light was gone and the only way to see was with what little the sun could offer through the closed curtains.