4- Fix Your Mistakes

It's nearly been 10 weeks since the you-know-who squad had joined the hellscape that is the casino, and they'd barely even made a dent in their embarrassingly high debt.

 At the very least, everyone had finally gotten their definite job, save for Pucci and Doppio. It wasn't that they weren't good at what they did, as they were frighteningly skilled at their respective jobs, it was more so that it was subject to change. Such is the privilege of hard workers like them.

Kars, when he found himself especially bored, would often think back to the file he saw the night he snuck into his managers office. The assistant role, or something like that, was more than likely still vacant. 

He couldn't help but feel that those two, who showed the most tenacity and enthusiasm for their work, were being considered. 

 That aside, he should probably focus more on the fact that his once marveled powers had long diminished, and that you were likely to blame. 

It was only after he'd step foot into the casino that he felt himself become smaller, not in size or pride, but as though he had immediately lost all defense he had. The strange, unfamiliar feeling of vulnerability that overcame him in a cold wave wouldn't seem to leave no matter how he tried to shake it off. 

The rest of the staff looked to be in no different of a condition. Dio was far more irritable, Kira became quiet, (at least more quiet than before), Doppio started getting surprised by every little thing, and even cool-headed Pucci was seen... Well, losing his cool.

That led to the same curious question every seemed to have but no one bothered to express. What happened to their abilities?

Many looked to you as a prime suspect, as it was unclear just what sort of power you possessed, if any at all, and whether or not it was you that was directly affecting the rest of them. 

During their lengthy stay at the casino, the debtors had a vague idea of what everyone was capable of doing outside of their little clique. Vendetta was the only outsider, including yourself, that they knew little to nothing about.

So naturally, a plan had to be made. They'd have to play detective once again to figure out jut who was behind the absence of their stands and what not, and just who would go and look for the answer.

"You can count me out." A voice rose among the chatter. All eyes turned to look at Pucci. "I'm not interested in whatever it is you're doing."

"Why not? We know you're in the same trouble as us, no point in not trying to fix it." Kars said, turning his palms up.

"I actually don't have the same problem you all have. I'm content with whatever Mx. (Y/n) has planned, and I'm sure that when the time comes, they'll trust us enough to give us what we've lost back."

"I doubt it," Kira added. "We've been here long enough to know how fine cut they are; a single thing out of line would mean our heads. They'd like to keep the chances of chaos an absolute zero, and the best way to ensure that is to take away all power from us however they can."

"While that explanation would be enough, I'm more curious as to how they do it. There's no such thing as an anti-matter in terms of stand neutralization. This building isn't made of something that can nullify our abilities. There's something else to it."

For once, something half-smart actually managed to leave Doppios mouth, and for a second he felt quite proud of himself-- until all of the others' talk managed to excel his own.

In the end of the squandering, of which was mostly between Diego and Valentine as it normally was, it was decided that one person would go pick around in Vendettas office, and the other would look through your own. It just came down to who would do it.