16- The Week Ends, Weekends

Warning- spicy but mild suggestive scene. Nothing super explicit, but Kira is weird.

And simon, if you're reading this, I'm sorry I was paid to do this shit. I am not above bribery.

---------

Another dreadful morning. 

Feeling greased with fatigue and choked by their poorly swallowed pills, the ring master of this gambling house so fine assumes their rotting position at their desk, and you fall into your routine of leading yourself into burn out.

Before the group of imbeciles arrived, mornings such as this made you feel like you were spending the day in limbo. That didn't change with their arrival, like some may assume, but it surely made the day particularly difficult to get through.

A heavy depression settles along your shoulders, a vulture perching itself to weigh you down, as the outside world melts into something murky and grey. Moisture fogs up your window and poisons the air with the thick smell of fallen rain.

You can taste the aroma of the wet world outside through your window, and it sours your coffee to a taste you gag on. 

And as you make a face of repulse, drinking down the cup no matter how much it wanted to come back up, the long-awaited knocking of one of those idiots downstairs finally met your door. 

"Come in." 

The door silently shifted on its hinges and welcomed Wamuu inside, in his hand a small platter of food. "Good morning, Mx. (Y/n)."

"It's just a morning today. What can I help you with?"

"Pucci asked me to bring you this plate he made. He's worried you didn't eat this morning."

Wamuu carefully set the plate on one of the side tables accompanying a couch, and pulled himself to the front of your desk. 

His headpiece jingled quietly as the crystals met each other, silenced by the touch of the cloth wrapped around his hair. Behind the curtain of his accessories was a contemplative face you hated to see.

Allowing him to stall his question only meant that he would have to stay in the same room with you longer than necessary, and already you can't stand his presence. You're already waving your hand for him to spit it out before he even opens his mouth.

"I wanted to apologize for the trouble we brought you. My brothers, and myself." He says quickly, though not without demurral. "If there is something I can do for you personally to make this right, I'd be happy-"

"Thank you, Wamuu, but I don't care." You interrupt. "You're doing enough just by not fighting with me about your circumstances, which I appreciate more than you'll ever know."

"But that can't be all I can do, right?"

"If you're asking for more work, then Kars may need some help with the bar today since Kira's out. If you want something permanent that's high-risk and high-reward, then I can think of something for you to do."

"That would be appreciated, thank you." Wamuu stands there for another second with an odd expression. Cracking through his otherwise plain face, there is a bit of a relief of something, and he turns to leave. 

Light paces make their way to your door, and you pray for his riddance, but it does not come soon enough. Wamuu stops at the exit to your office and turns back around, his red suit vest wrinkling with the movement. 

"If it's worth anything to you, I happen to think you're rather nice."

You pause your work to look at him. "It's not worth anything. Though why do you say?"