20- Diego's Dead Flower

I'm trying to get back into my funk-- this chapter is going to be piss

----------

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Valentine feels it squeak out of his throat when you make an appearance downstairs, a rarity such a spectacle the casino nearly holds its breath. Doppio is scampering down behind you, and trips on the last step-- though no one is paying attention, as all eyes are on the manager no ones seen leave their office.

"Aren't they a doll..." He whispered. Valentines elbow threatens to slip from the edge it rests on.

Diego shuffled the cards in his hands, in a manner of stealth that didn't reveal how terribly he fumbled them. "I don't see the appeal."

"Sometimes, you just don't. But I think that (Y/n) is a very classy, respectable person. They're extremely attractive and have this odd charm you can't seem to hate."

"I'm aware you have more choice words than that. I've read the disgusting notes you leave in your nightstand."

Valentine's eyes snapped to look at Diego-- his whole head might've turned hadn't he wanted to avoid being a spectacle himself. "You will keep out of my things."

"I won't do shit for you, asshole."

"You'll listen to me if you know what's good for you, prick. I said stay away from my stuff."

"You think I wanted to read about all those... Thoughts you have? I was looking for my notebook, which I was sure you had stolen, given you're a nosy, intrusive ass."

"Me? Please, it was the drama whore, Kira." Valentine vaguely throws his hand towards the blonde in the corner, observing a game of roulette. "And if not him, then Dio. You are aware, I assume, of his own personal records regarding the happenings of the other employees."

"Naturally." Diego rolled his eyes, his head nodding with it. "He asked me just yesterday about, what was it? Oh, Diavolos ex-wife. Her, yes."

"He was married before?"

"I guess so. Could also be just a rumor." Diego ordered the pile of cards into a split. "Heard Esidesi was the one talking about it to Santana. Don't much like either of those guys."

"The one thing I'll bear to agree on you with."

"Do you really think someone could stand being with Diavolo enough to marry him? That's what makes me think it's some stretched truth."

"Hm, I'm not sure. He seems like the type that has money to attract someone willing to go through his bipolar mess."

The conversation goes quiet for a moment, the two silent as they observe the ever-living environment of the casino, immortal in nature and never sleeping. Valentine catches you again, an unmistakable flush of purple against the red and black jungle of blaring machines and bright lights.

You're talking to someone, a very chipper chat that's all smiles and pleasantries. It almost seems as though you're familiar with them, a seat is pulled for you and you join their table, where you deal a few cards, and begin some game.

There arose a snickering among the low suave music seeping through the speakers, and Valentine again directs his attention to Diego, who has an ugly sneer on his face. 

"I'm over here wondering why anyone would want to be with Diavolo, and we have an even worse example right there." He laughs light-heartedly. "I'm telling you, really, there's no serious reason to like them. Our manager."