Percy's Least Favourite Quest Yet

Percy POV

I gritted my teeth as I hoisted my Adidas bag on to one shoulder.

Aphrodite had picked my clothes originally, but I was trying to bring as little attention to myself as possible, so the leather jacket had to go.

Now my clothing was a lot more casual. Grey sweats and a white t-shirt. I was quite happy just wearing that, but Aphrodite insisted a finishing touch of a chain around my neck.

Alas, as comfortable as I was in my clothes, I was not comfortable with where I was going. High school.

I altered my age to look about seventeen and with the help of the mist and Paul pulling a few strings, I would be going back to Goode.

I figured Goode, being one of the biggest schools in New York, would most likely be the school in which I would find the goddess of rumour, fame and gossip, Pheme.

I prayed I was right considering I didn't want to have to spend any more time in school than necessary.

As I walked through the school's main doors I noticed a sign pointing towards the reception. I followed it's directions until I came to an open room with a desk.

Behind the desk sat a brunette lady in a white blouse. She looked to be in her mid-forties.

I needed to find out if there were any Phemes attending. I couldn't imagine it being a popular name, so by checking the system, it shouldn't be hard to find her.

The only problem was how to get onto the system. I didn't think the receptionist would let a 17-year-old student see the registration.

I hid behind the wall until I could think of a plan.

At least with a monster, I could threaten the information out of them, but I could hardly hold a mortal women at sword point.

As I tried to think of what to do I remembered something Aphrodite had told me last year when I had just become a god.

I was pissed off about getting a stupid domain like 'hotness' and she was trying to tell me it wasn't all that bad and that I could use it in tons of situations.

I wondered if this situation could be one of them.

Well, it was all I had, so it would have to do.

I prepared myself for how weird things were inevitably going to be if I tried this and changed my form to that of a forty-five-year-old.

Trying the look as confident as possible, I sauntered over to the desk.

"Uh hi," I said in an unusually high pitched voice.

For gods sakes Percy, it's a good thing you didn't want to be an actor, because this performance clearly wasn't winning any awards.

Luckily (or unluckily) for me, she didn't notice my lack of drama classes, as she was looking at me up and down.

I put on a calm face but mentally I was screaming. This person was old enough to be my mom.

I was debating just leaving and telling Zeus and Athena to go to Hades, when the receptionist spoke.

"Hey, how can I help," she said leaning over the table in a way that I could see down her top.

I inwardly groaned and moved my gaze towards my feet.

Maybe I could ask Zeus for another quest to Tartarus instead. Anything was better than this.

"Uh, I need to pick up my daughter early," I lied.