16| ⛈The ugly truth⛈

"Isla" my sister's voice echoes in the room as I take my head off the toilet.
"Are you sick again?" this is the only thing she has been asking me for the past few days. Neither of us is willing to even ask what is happening for the only reason that we are more afraid of the reality as it has to be.

I have been sick for almost a week now and Nate is concerned too. But he hasn't asked me either. However, he has been as sweet. He has brought me dry crackers which is the only thing I can bare to eat right now. Every day I constantly tell myself I have to face reality. It is just one test, I repeat saying. But the more I think about it, the more unconvinced I get.

But today is the day. I have to have this information before I can face another problem. Or maybe I won't. The important thing to do is to face it, the rest will come after.

"I've decided to go" I say as I wipe the puke off my shirt. A smell of mold mixed with the saltiness of salive makes my mouth twist with disgust. I am fed up, no more throwing up. I have to go.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?"

"I am, and thank you Summer. For everything" and as I looked at her we both stared at each other silently because everything had already been said.

1 hour later at the cafe bar

"Hey Isla, how are you?" hearing those words made my heart melt completely. Tears came running down my cheeks as I hid in Nate's arms.

"It's fine. We will work on a way to raise the baby. You won't be alone"

"No." I said drying my soaking cheeks and neck.

"The result was negative"

"Oh thanks god" he squeezes me even tighter.

"I am so glad, I'm too young to be pregnant. I have too many things to do in life. But you know, I was so convinced I was. Plus it was well calculated, my period hasn't arrived yet and almost three months have passed. But you know it would have been real..."

"But it isn't, and you don't have to worry now"
Our lips touch in a sweet and delicate kiss. The most sweet I ever had. His hand reaches my waist and I feel me again. I feel young and full of joy and curiosity. I don't have to worry being a mother because it is part of a far and and blurry fantasy. I reality is now, and my only concern is to make my dream come true.

"You are completely crazy" said my sister walking in circles around my dorm.

"You are insane. I have come here from Los Angeles to help you come out from this college and now you tell me this. I mean.." she shakes her head in disbelief.

"I'm sorry Summer but I have realised I can't deny my feelings. I love it here and if you think about it the only reason why I haven't left earlier is because all I want to do is this. This is my life and maybe this misunderstanding was destiny."

"Or maybe just bad luck"

"It wasn't I can assure you. Now I know that I want to carry on with acting and it isn't true that you came here for nothing. You met Noah and you now have a baby..."

"About that, I mean Noah. About Noah, I don't even know if he is in love with me anymore. I mean, I think the chemistry we had together is slowly fading. Until that night at the spa, where I thought it was back. But it turns out he didn't seem that satisfied. He said he was confused. But I wasn't."

"Maybe you surprised him, and I see the way he looks at you. He is in love with you. By the way Nate said the same thing with me".

"Their only jerks, they don't understand when there is chemistry. They don't know anything about love"