8|🤩London Acting College🤩

As I touch the screen of my phone my fingers shake and a wind full of memories makes me smile. Only one day has passed since my departure and it seems like a week. A message appears on my screen right before I call my mum.

Hi Isla, it's been a while since we talked to each other. I'm sorry but I was busy with college and with my family. I hope you had a safe trip to New York. I would like to talk you about something important .
Love u,
Austin

I almost faint for the fright.
It's my boyfriend!! I didn't answer his call when I was in the bus. And I'm in London not in New York!! What do I do?

I love Austin. We've been together for about 2 years now. But I consider him as a friend now. He wasn't there for me when I flew to New York. He was busy playing in the volleyball finals match.

I take the phone and text rapidly these words:

Hi Austin. I'm sorry, I've been busy too with college and the flight. I can't talk right now. Can we catch up tomorrow. I'll text you asap.
Love u too,
Isla.

I hesitate to write the part Love u too as I don't know exactly what that means anymore, but I text it anyway. If there is something important he has to tell me maybe it's the same I have to tell him.

I run quickly to catch up the man who is guiding me to my room. As I walk into the college, a storm of bright colors catches my eyes.

"Here's the little cafeteria every student goes to eat after classes and in the mornings" he says indicating the colorful chairs and tables perfectly put in front of a little bar.

As we pass through the halls all students' heads turn to stare at me. I look down at the floor. I don't want all these strangers to look at me!!

"And here's your room" he says opening the door and letting me in. I stare amazed at my new room. It is even better than my own!!

"So I'll let you settle your things and I'll meet you at the cafeteria in half an hour" says the man lending me my luggage with a strong British accent

"All right thanks" I say imitating his accent. He looks at me smiling after I realize I had embarrassed myself.

I take out my phone and type in my mum's number. I hesitate a few seconds and then just text her a message.

Hi mum, it's Isla. I've arrived to college and it's amazing here. I have so much so tell you! Just call me when you want. In half an hour I'll have to go to the cafeteria so hurry up!

No I can't say that!
I retype:

Hi mum, it's Isla. I've arrived to college and it's amazing here. I have so much so tell you! Just call me when you want. I just wanted to tell you that I'm in London! I'm almost dying and I almost can't breath. My boyfriend almost just bumped me and I'm freaking out!!

Okay. Maybe now the only thing I want to do is scream as loud as I can that I'm in a big mess. But I can't worry mum, she will just freak out as well and take a flight to London to get me. No! This can't happen! My dream is about to come true and this can't ruin my memories about this day!

After a while I just type:

Hi mum, it's Isla. I've arrived to college and it's amazing here. I have so much to tell you! Just call me when you want. I miss you and I made a mistake. Don't worry I'll fix it. Like you always told me: Mistakes happen.
Xoxo Isla

That to words suddenly stick in my mind. Mistakes happen, mistakes happen, mistakes happen.

I take off my clothes and head to the bathroom to shower. As a rain of water runs through my face down to my neck, I start to sing as it always made me feel better.