14| 🖤Dark Love🖤

I still feel his scent on my lips.

"Do you eat vegan?" his voice makes me finally blink.
Seconds after he disappears from the kitchen and enters carrying some hamburgers which look perfectly normal to me.

"These are soy burgers with vegan mayo and veggies" as soon as those words enter my ears some part of me wishes he hasn't said that and that he had just let me eat it.

But when I see his desperate eyes trying to search for my answer I just say:
"Seems yummy".

"Is that a synonym of delicious?" he says waiting for me to reply.
Why are British people so picky?

"Yes" and I start eating so I don't have to comment again about the food, which actually tasted better than I imagined.

"You are good! Are you a chef?"

Nate starts laughing loudly until he noticed my serious face and immediately stops.

"Should I be brave or real?"

"Be brave" I say putting my half hamburger down in my plate.

"Then yes, I am" now all I wanted to do was crash the whole table and be as close to him as possible.

I try: "be real?"

"I am a policeman of course!"

"And do you love it?"

"Not as much as I love you" he says followed by the biggest smile I have even seen. Those words were like the final piece of a puzzle perfectly fitting, like the final ray of sunlight before sunset, like the last summer, like the first kiss. It was the final piece of a new beginning.

My hormones couldn't fit in my body anymore. My hand started moving without me realizing it. The whole table fell on the floor followed by the smacking sound of our lips. And all that fairytale became real again. 

"Wait!" his voice makes me just from the fright and end that paradise feeling.
"I new this would happen and so I got prepared" he continues his eyes fixed in my pupils.
"Meet me in ten at the spa room, downstairs".

"Weren't we at you house?" I ask confused.

"This is my house. But its an hotel".
He steps out of him room and closes the door behind him. I remain still in the middle of the room next to the crushed table and plates, filled with excitement.

5 minutes later

I grab my phone ready to text Nate, already feeling bored when I see Summer's text popping in my phone:

Just stepping out of your room to see Noah. He is bringing me to the most amazing spa in London!!! How's it going with Nate? Good luck.
Xoxo

I text her back:

Hey. Good! Have fun! Just please don't let anybody see you. I'm doing great with Nate he is just preparing a surprise for me.
P.s. also discovered he's vegan.
Xx

For the first time I surprise myself. I am not feeling a bit jealous about Noah. I mean, I really liked him and my sister knew about it but now I feel so good with Nate. But I am afraid all this can end.

I hear another text form my sister:

Don't worry! Have a good time and relax if you can;) Just switching off my phone so we don't get disturbed and heading to the spa. Byee

I switch off my phone and put it in my pocket. I open the door and head to the spa.

The hallway is so dark I can barely see anything. I search for a door and as I open it warm air touches my face. I see a tall figure standing in front of me.

Just outside the door some colorful letter stand out making it easy to read.

"So you found me. Open the door to find the rest.  ~N"

But as soon as I open the door. I can't describe what I'm seeing. Because everything is dark. The only thing I can see is the connection we have with each other, stronger that before. He almost seems another one, I almost seem another one. The dark doesn't keep us apart but it brings us closer.

The following day

"Isla! Isla!" I hear my sister calling from our dorm.

"Where have you been? I've been texting you all day. You missed the morning classes"

"I can't find my phone. I didn't even wake up this morning because my phone wasn't there. I have been searching it all morning"

"Maybe you left it at Nate's"

"Maybe, but when I woke up this morning he wasn't there. And we weren't even in a spa like he had planned. Or maybe I think. I've never been in a spa."

"So you had fun last night..." I stop her before she can say anything more.

"We did. It was like living a dream. He also left me a note outside the door. Look..."
I say handing her the paper. "I kept it."

"This is so romantic!!"

"I know... and how did it go with Noah?"

"It was even better than last time. I feel like we were meant to be last night. Even his voice felt different. It seemed... deeper."

"I'm happy for you. You deserve it. But now I need some help figuring out how I ended up here."

"You're right. Let's see..." I look at her while she types something on my computer. Then she looks at her watch.

"I gotta go." she says grabbing her purse and her sweater.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I'll tell you after. Meet me here in ten."

15 minutes after, in my dorm

"What took you so long?" I ask as she removes her heels and crashes in my bed.

"I have it." she says in a sigh.

"You have what exactly?"
I ask nervously.

"I have the files of all the people of this college".

"You must be kidding. You know what could have happen if they found you? They could think it's me and.."

"Hey. Hey. Relax. No one saw me and we are going to return it as soon as we have the information we need." she says before concentrating on my problem.

"First of all, for this to happen, there must be someone who has your same name. But the problem is to find out how they had your picture." she takes a pause and I realize she hasn't been breathing.

"The interesting thing is that London Acting College is tied in a partnership with New York's College of Arts. So they must have switched your photo with someone else."

"So shouldn't we ask something to the school if they did something wrong?"

"You're kidding, right? If they find out you aren't supposed to be here then they'll kick you out. And from what I know, you actually like staying here." I realize she is right. The last thing I want right now is to leave everything behind me now that I have a new life here.

"So now we have to find out who is this Isla Patterson which is attending my college right now in the other side of the world."