Chapter 2

"You have to tell him!" Molly yells running a hand through her hair.

I just told her how this happened and of course she was fangirling over the fact that I slept with him but then she realized I may be pregnant, with his baby. I still can't believe that happened. And that this happened afterwards. I'm so screwed. 

"I can't Molly, this is so fucked up!" I say hiding my face in my hands.

I'm only twenty years old! I still have four months before I get my degree and a long future ahead of me. I can't be pregnant right now, and I'm definitely not prepared to have a baby... This is going to ruin my life!

"I know S, but...he has the right to know, it's his baby too." She rests her elbows on the kitchen counter, she is right but... How am I going to tell him?

"Okay, but I need to go to the doctor first to really make sure this is happening." I point to my stomach and she nods.

"Fine, let's make you an emergency appointment." Molly goes to the living room looking for the phone.

How am I going to tell my parents if this turns out to be real? They are going to be so disappointed of me, their little girl pregnant at age of twenty without a man at her side or a college degree in her hand.

And what am I going to do about school? I still have two months left of classes and two other months to wait for graduation. I can only hide this for another three or four months. This is so crazy...

And how am I going to tell him? I don't even have his number or any form of communication with him. He just wanted sex and we were drunk. I was there standing by the bar and he asked me, he was very flirty and I couldn't refuse. Of course I said yes, it was a hell of an opportunity to not take it.

Holy frizzles... I'm so screwed.

"I got you an appointment for tomorrow at two, we can go after class." Molly says, still on the phone. I nod my head.

Okay, just another day to find out if this is real.

-

We rush out of our class just after the professor dismissed us. We drive all the way to Saint Mary's hospital, I let Molly drive because I'm too nervous to concentrate on the road. I barely slept last night.

"I'm here for an appointment with... Doctor Lillian Johnson please." I say to the receptionist as soon as I arrive, she smiles at me typing something in her computer.

"Fourth floor, office 403." She kindly tells me and I give her a smile, or so I try.

This waiting room is full of kids and pregnant women, oh no. I'm definitely not prepared for this. I turn around to enter to the elevator again but Molly stopped me. Ugh!

"Hey, it's okay, I'm here with you and everything is going to be okay." She says holding me at arms length and I nod, turning around.

We sit in two empty chairs in the back were a woman was sleeping with her earphones on. I don't need babies around me right now. They are so loud and anti-hygienic. They are always slobbering around breaking everything.

"Have you thought about- err, about what are you going to do with... It?" She points down to my belly and I shake my head confused.

"What do you mean?" I put a hand on top of my stomach.

"Are you going to keep it or... If it isn't so big you can still abor..." She starts speaking but I cut her off.

"Oh no, Molly, don't even say that! Of course I'm keeping it, it's..." I look down at where my hand is placed. I can't do that to it, now I feel so bad. "It may be a mistake but... It's mine, you know?"

"Miss Sienna Smith?" A woman with a white coat calls my name.

"Oh, that's me." I say looking at Molly. This is it.

"Do you want me to go with you?" She asks standing up with me. I know she didn't mean that about the abortion but I'm still startled that she even brought it up.

"No, it's okay... I guess I have to do this alone." I say and she nods, giving me a comprehensive smile.

"Good luck, S." She says hugging me.

I walk towards the door, the doctor nodding at me signaling me to enter. She points to the gurney and I sit, tangling my hands together.

"So... You're here for a pregnancy test today." She reads down at her tablet.

"Yes, I think I may be pregnant." I say resting my hands on my knees.

"Okay. When do you think you conceived?" She stands up in front of me moving my back to lay down.

"About... Two months ago. It was my last time." I say as I rest my back on the bed.

"Have you been smoking, drinking, or doing drugs?" She asks me moving my shirt just to show off my stomach.

"Maybe a glass of wine a few weeks ago, I don't smoke or do drugs." I speak while she touches different parts of my belly, above the belly button and right under it.

"Okay." She turns around finding a pair of gloves. "Did you use protection?"

"I don't remember, to be honest Doctor." I say blushing. I always hate this kind of questions, even though I know they are completely professional.

"You can call me Lilian." She smiles at me. "Now I'm going to put this liquid right here to lubricate the area for the scan, okay?"

I nod my head waiting for her.

"Did you take a test at home?" She asks placing the probe over the liquid, rounding my belly with the probe.

"Yes, two." I chuckle. "And they were positive."

"I see." she says looking at the screen.

She moves the probe to my pelvis, from side to side and then stopping. She types something on the keyboard and a little square appears on the screen.

"Yup, here it is." She points to the little dot inside of the square. "You are indeed pregnant, Sienna."

"Is... Is that it?" I ask sitting on my elbows. It's just... A dot! I'm kind of startled, I was in denial of actually having a baby but actually seeing what it looks like, it moves me. It's a tiny little dot.

"Yes, that's your baby." She chuckles typing something else on the computer. The screen prints something out. "Right now it must be the size of a bean."

"And... Is it okay?" I'm pregnant, I repeat, I am pregnant.

"It looks perfectly fine for a seven weeks old fetus." She says looking at me. "You can comeback in five-six weeks to know the sex of your baby."

"Okay." I clean up my belly with the napkin the doctor hands me. I'm in shock. I mean, I kind of already knew but... Now it's official.

"Don't mind me asking but... Do you know who the father is?" She asks with a sympathetic look on her face.

"Of course!" I say, who does she thinks I am? Some kind of slut?

"Well, okay." She stands up handing me the picture of my dot. "You can take these too, that's my card and this is a pamphlet with information for new parents. If there's something wrong you can call me."

"Thank you doctor." I stand up fixing my shirt. "Is that all?"

"Yes, darling. Just sign here and go check out in the floor reception." She says as I sign.

I wave goodbye at her and step out of her office, looking at the little picture in my hand. A dot. Inside of me. A baby... My baby.

Molly rush out to me, looking at me with expectant eyes. I just nod at her and she half smiles. A tear run down my cheek as I look once again at the photo.

I'm going to take care of you, Dot. From now on it's just you and me against this hell of a world. If you stay with me, I'm keeping you safe. Don't pay attention of what I said before, I do want you, nothing else matters anymore. I'm taking care of you Dot, I promise.