Chapter 16

Harry didn't ask for directions once we were in the car. I seated in the backseat to take care of Jack during the drive while Molly was on front. I could feel Harry's eyes on me while he was driving. And I confirmed my suspicion when I glanced to the rearview mirror and locked eyes with him for a millisecond. 

"So... Should we listen to some music?" He says to break the awkward silence in the car.

I know I may be going through some difficult times with my body right now, so many emotional changes, but something is certain, I'm attracted to him. Even the slightest gaze makes my stomach tense. But I need to control it, there's no way I'm going to show my needy feelings to him.

Even if he feels attracted to me as well. 

"Good idea! Can I pick a song?" Molly asks already grabbing the ipod from the base. 

"Sure." Harry says tighting his knuckles on the steering wheel. 

A drum melody starts playing and I instantly recognize the song. It's Shake It Off by Taylor Swift.

"I love this song!" I say preparing myself to sing every word of the song. 

"Hell no." He shuts the radio off, making Molly and me complain in a unisound. 

"Whyyyy?" I pout my lips coming front in between the two front seats. "It's a very good song."

He roll his eyes turning on the radio once again. "Fine." His eyebrows slightly furrowed. 

Me and Molly sang the song freely shaking our heads and dancing through the song. Harry stays blank just driving. His lips pressed to a line. The song ended and I sat back, the next song playing from the same 1989 album, Out Of The Woods. 

"Okay, enough from Swift." He makes the car turn right, parking in an empty spot. "We can walk from here." 

He is behaving weird. A few moments ago he was all happy and smiles, excited for going on a picnic. I decide to shake it off and just pretend I didn't notice his discomfort. I unbuckle Jack from his chair and grab the bag, getting out of the car. 

We sat in a good spot, near a tree so we could have some shadow. He set a sheet on the grass and placed the basket on it. I put Jack down on the ground playing with his little legs. Harry laid beside him on the sun side. 

"I will get us some popsicles." Molly stands up leaving us alone. 

Harry grabs Jack and elevates him at arms lenght, the little boy confused by the sudden height. I lay beside him enjoying his little play with our baby. He puts the baby on his chest, caressing his little back with his fingers. 

"I love this." He quietly whispers closing his eyes.

I stay silent at the sight in front of me. I'm just so overwhelmed by all of this. Here I am accompanied by my son and his father, we, all together as I always wanted. I'm happy. I feel like I could light fireworks just by touching them. 

I close my eyes as well. Meditating how blessed I am right now. And for some reason I can't stop thinking about my dad right now. I feel his presence right now. He's happy too. 

See, dad? You were right all along. He did deserve to know sooner. But I'm glad he's here nonetheless.

A cloud covered the sun for a moment and I open my eyes to find Molly with her phone out pointing at us.

"What are you doing?" I ask sitting down. 

"Nothing." She smiled handing me a red popsicle. "Strawberry for the both of you, there was only two left."