Chapter 42

"What?! Leave the band?!" I gasp, taking a step back, running a hand on the back of my head. "You... You can't... How- Wh... No! What the fuck?" 

Of all the things I thought he would say to me this was definitely not on the list. What does he mean by that? He can't leave the band, that's his dream come true! His job, his passion. Million of fans out there would be devastated if he ever do it. I can't let him quit his dream, he can't. Even when I want to punch him in the face, I can't let him do that.

"Baby, its the only way-" He starts talking but I cut him off. 

"Don't 'Baby' me Harry, you can't leave the band. Period." The tears have stopped falling, and for that I'm glad. "Have you thought about the consequences it would bring?"

He stays quiet for a moment, looking at me. "I don't care  about the consequences, all I care right now is you. I want my family back, whatever it takes."  He finally says, green confident eyes locking with mine. He isn't joking. 

But there's have to be another way!

"Harry... Come here." I grab his hand and I sit him on the couch, I sit in the spot next to him. 

I try to suck all my rage feelings right now, trying to remember about that night when we were talking in the middle of the night about what we wanted to do, about our dreams in life. We were in Ireland, maybe three days before being separated. I remember I told him I always wanted to have a coffee shop in a small town and go to Paris to have a picnic by the Eiffel tower. And I remember exactly what he told me.

"You once told me you were living your dream. Being a singer, touring the world. Writing songs and having a big crowd sing the words you wrote." I smile remembering that night, not feeling mad at him at the moment. "I can't let you quit your dream Harry, not for me nor for Jack. Don't you want to keep living your dream?"

"Of course I do. But I'm willing to give up on my dream for my baby." He swallows hard, his hand still caged in mine. His eyes are serious, not a single doubt in his words. "It's not the same if I don't have you guys around." 

His words melt my entire world. He is being serious right now. He would give up on everything just to have us back, that tells me so much about him, but I can't let him, I can't be the responsible of that. 

"What about the contracts? Aren't you supposed to stay in the band until the contract expires?" I bite my lip, trying to think straight. 

"I can quit, I will have to pay a big penalty fee, but I don't care. They're tired of my shit anyway." He lets a breath out, I do as well.

"You can't give management that privilege." I look down, trying to think about something. "There's have to be another way."

Suddenly Jack starts to cry, we both move our heads to look at him.  He must be hungry, he didn't eat his pudding after all. Also, is almost bed time for him. I instantly stand up, forgetting about the conversation we were having moments ago. Harry stops me from moving, his hand on my shoulder. 

"I'll go." He simply says with half a smile. I smile back at him, nodding my head before he walks to grab the baby. 

I stand a few steps away from them, just enjoying the view in front of me. 

"Hi there, Jack." Harry kneels in front of the baby. He caress his hair, the baby stops crying just feeling his touch. "How are you, little buddy?" 

The baby looks at him, moving his little hands in front of him as a signal for him to carry him. 

"He wants you to hold him. Here." I take the baby out of the chair and place him in Harry's good arm. "Are you sure you can hold him?" 

"Y-Yes." He says nervously, looking down at the baby in his arm.