Chapter 49

I have never been more grateful for having a police officer as a mom ever in my life, she sure has a lot of contacts when it comes to safety. I had the brilliant idea to call her telling her about what happened. In less than an hour she contacted one of my dad's ex coworkers and find us a place to stay. God bless the CIA. 

We moved right away, thanking Tomás for his hospitality in such short notice. When we arrive to the direction my mom sent me, there was someone already waiting for us outside. Is a normal looking house in the middle of the town, it looks more than ordinary. Red brick walls and a nice porch rounded by plants. We step inside right away. 

The guard that was waiting for us informed us that there are clean clothes, diapers and food stored, they also got the time to find a baby crib. I am so grateful for that. The whole house is secured, a whole system of monitored cameras and infrared rays are guarding us from outside, there's an emergency phone in each room of the house and there's also a hidden emergency exit. Is the perfect house for a paranoid person. 

The first thing I did was change Jack and lay him on his crib. He's been through a lot today. I wait alone in the room, I decide to change into something more comfortable. I find a pair of sweats and a simple white tee, this would be it. Harry is still downstairs making a call so I decide to lay on the bed while I wait for him. 

I can't stop thinking about all of this. I never knew it was going to come to this, involving special services to get us safe. I still can't believe they are out there hunting for us like hungry predators. What do they want? What does he want? 

I keep asking myself: What did we wrong? 

We were just young kids having a little fun, once thing led to the other and I end up with a baby bump. Being a parent changed my life and Harry's. All we wanted since the beginning was to raise a child safely out of the danger of the spotlight, but right now thanks to his management team, I feel more in danger with them involved. Is crazy to think all the things they have made us go through.

The clock reads three am and is now that he is walking inside of the room. He takes his clothes off getting inside of the bed with me. We are finally resting our heads in the pillows of this comfy bed sponsored by the government. Jack is peacefully sleeping on his crib, we are safe, for now. I take a deep breath, letting all the worries drift away. There's nothing to worry about right now. 

I turn to my side, looking at the man laying next to me. Harry is taking this in an incredible way, I'm very proud of him. Yes, he is stressed - but who am I to blame? - but he's been controlling his anger issues, he is trying very hard and he is succeeding. So far he hasn't punch a single wall or even yelled, he is really trying his best and I love him for it.

I scoot closer to him taking him by surprise, we haven't said a word since he stepped inside of the room but we are too distracted with our own thoughts that we can't fall asleep. He puts his arm around me, letting me rest my head on his chest. I can hear his heart beating on my ear, somehow it calms me. 

He makes me feel like home. 

"Babe?" Harry says softly, his breath hitting on my ear. "Are you awake?" 

"I am." I turn my face to look at him. "Why?" 

"Just checking." He gives me half a smile, his eyes are red making him look so tired. 

"We should sleep. You need to rest." I move up to place a kiss on his cheek, both of my hands on his chest. 

"I know but I don't wanna." He runs his fingers through my hair, looking deeply into my eyes. "Not yet." 

"Okay." I give in, resting my chin on his chest. "What do you wanna do then?" 

"Nothing." He keeps running his hand through my hair, he looks pensive.