Chapter 15

"So who invited you here then?" A third year football jock sneered up at me, his body stance suggesting he was gearing up for some sort of fight. I rolled my eyes. 

Tonight was the dreaded Friday party Vic had kindly invited me too and already I knew I should've trusted my instincts, and ditched the hell out of it. Everyone here was pissing me off. 

Yes I'd only been here for half an hour. 

Upon arrival it had been okay. Vic's house where the party was based was gorgeous, and that was enough of a distraction in itself. I took myself on a little tour of the downstairs, ignoring everyone for a while as I explored. I loved the grand marble stairs that led up to the bedrooms, the massive green garden which stretched nice and far and had a lovely pool at the bottom, and the vintage style library with comfy leather sofas and towering bookshelves. 

No, the actual place wasn't the problem. It was the people. 

After I came out of the garden a girl accidentally ran into me, and then demanded that I apologise to her when it was her fault. I refused and told her where to go. A couple of minutes later one of the guys who I was sure was one of Vic's avid fan club members spilt his drink on me, and then another girl told me I wasn't allowed to use a cloth to wipe it off. 

Put it this way: I had cursed more in the past half hour than I had the whole time I'd been in America. 

And as for the guy I was talking to now I wouldn't mind if he tried to fight me. He was considerably shorter than me and I knew I could take him and I wanted to, with that patronising sneer on his face. 

But I supposed I needed to behave myself- I was a guest after all. "Vic invited me." 

"Vic? Vic who?" 

"Vic Grange."

His smirk turned into a scowl. "You mean Victoria Grange."  

"No. I know what I said. That's what I call her because we're getting close. Get over yourself." Okay I was angry. Like really mad. This ass-hole wasn't making anything better. I just wanted to see Vic so that I could get out of this place but she still hadn't come downstairs yet. 

He looked a little bit shocked for a moment, as if he wasn't used to someone talking to him like I was, but he quickly recovered his arrogance. "Please. You're just her newest flavour of the month." 

"We'll see about that." 

I walked away from him and went into the hallway, where a crowd of people were gathered around the gorgeous marble staircase. And almost immediately I discovered why, and I let out a sigh of relief. 

Vic and her two 'friends' were finally making their way downstairs. Of course the girl I was here for looked absolutely stunning. When didn't she? This time she was wearing a short blue skirt and a flowery crop top thing which showed off her gorgeous body, revealing the top of her breasts. Damn she was hot. It almost made me forget about how angry I was. 

They came downstairs like celebrities along a catwalk. People greeted Josie and Danielle as soon as they reached the floor like they were the best of friends, but Vic stayed on the stairs, scanning the crowd. I hoped she was looking for me. 

Our eyes met and it seemed like my prayers were answered. She gave me a breath-taking smile and I managed to send a small one back, despite the past half an hour. She got down from the stairs and parted the crowd, ignoring all the fake people trying to greet her and use her. 

When she got to me she surprised me by wrapping her arms around my shoulders, pulling herself to my chest. I wrapped my own arms tightly around her waist and sent a couple of smirks to the staring crowd, which included all the people who'd annoyed me tonight. The drink-spiller looked heartbroken, the jerk football player looked furious and the two girls looked shocked, if not a bit sheepish too. Josie and Danielle were looking at me in interest. 

I tried to ignore the stares but after a while it got annoying, especially since the hallway had gone quiet. 

I got impatient and angry again. "Have you guys got something else to do? Or are you gonna pathetically ogle us for the rest of the night?" 

Vic turned around too and sent a sharp glare to the crowd, and sure enough they started to disperse and talk again. Too bad I could still see them looking at us though. 

"Hey," she said with a smile returning to her face, looking up at me. "I'm glad you came." 

I couldn't shake my mood. "I'm glad I got to see you but I'm not glad I came. Your friends are bitches and this party sucks." A few people still hovering around us gasped. I didn't care to keep my voice down: they needed to hear it.  

She rolled her eyes. "I know. Believe me I'm pissed off tonight too. Do you wanna ditch?" 

"I'll go anywhere but here," I said wholeheartedly. 

"Good. I just need to go get my keys, I've got the perfect place to go. But I've had a few drinks, so do you mind driving?" 

I gaped at her. "Are you saying you're gonna let me drive your gorgeous car?" 

"Have you had a drink tonight?" I shook my head. I didn't trust those bastards to not spike my cup. "Then yes." 

Suddenly I gave her the biggest grin I'd worn all night. She always knew how to cheer me up. "I'm so excited. I can't wait let's go!" 

She chuckled and just like that we went to her bedroom, before leaving entirely, arse-holes firmly behind us.