Chapter 7

I was stunned. Of all the places I thought I would see her, it definitely wasn't here. This club just didn't seem like her scene. 

But that was alright. In fact it was awesome. I didn't think I'd get the chance to talk to her yet here I am. 

I knew I had to keep my cool otherwise I'd ruin this, and it wasn't easy as I stared into her gorgeous eyes which were the colour of a deep ocean. But I managed it by replicating her easy smirk and talking as smoothly as I possibly could. 

"Hey, I'm Jack." 

"You can call me Vic." 

I chuckled. "I know who you are; I saw you at Devs where you had quite the audience." 

She shrugged and bit down on her lower lip sensually, and at once it got harder to keep my cool. Damn she was something special. "Sometimes things just lay outside of my control." 

"Really?" I grinned and unconsciously moved closer to her. "It seemed to me that you had a lot of control, maybe too much." 

"I just know what I want and if they want to help, then who am I to say no?" 

I drew back and gazed at her shrewdly. So me and Logan had been right about the fan club getting to her head: this girl knew she could have anyone, and anything, she desired. It seemed like if I really wanted to be anything more than a back-bencher I would have to act a bit harder to get. 

It was a risk because she could just pie me off, but I think I would always rather be rejected than a groupie.     

"So what do you study?" 

She looked surprised at my question, so surprised that she didn't actually answer me. 

"What?" I frowned, trying to think back to what I said. It seemed like a pretty safe thing to ask about, so I don't know how I could've pushed any of her buttons. "I mean you don't have to say if you don't want to..." 

"No it's not that." She still looked slightly surprised as she recovered herself enough to speak. "It's just...I wasn't expecting you to ask that." 

"Why?" I felt bemused: it really wasn't that deep of a question, unless she studied something top secret. 

"Well usually when I talk to guys they're just trying to say the right things to get with me."  

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Maybe it's because the only guys you talk to are part of your horny fan club." 

"I don't see any lies there," she said with a cute smile, and again I found myself feeling slightly jealous of all the guys who'd managed to get with someone like her. "At least tonight I managed to escape them; they won't look for me here." 

"I'm shocked; I thought they would've fitted a tracker on you by now." 

She let out a soft laugh and it was so musical and gorgeous the temptation to break up our nice conversation with something more forward became even stronger. But once again, I held back. I had a feeling playing hard to get may actually work. 

And I was actually interested in her. She still hadn't given anything away and damn that mysteriousness was hot. 

"You still haven't answered my question." 

She looked confused for a moment before it registered. "Oh. Why don't you guess?" 

I groaned out loud. I hated guessing. 

"Why don't you just tell me?" 

She shook her head. "There's no fun in that. Come on, guess." 

I felt like this was going to go badly and I would probably offend her somehow, but I supposed she asked for it really. I looked at her intently, and then my gaze drifted down to the fitted red dress that showed off her body perfectly. 

"Fashion," I blurted out without really thinking. 

She laughed and it caused me to draw my attention away from her seductive figure. "No, but thank you." 

I groaned again. "Look I have no idea, so just tell me." 

"You're so impatient." She thread her hands through her long, lustrous dark hair and again I felt like a puppet, forced to watch whatever she did. "Science. Pharmaceuticals to be exact." 

I nodded and gave an appreciative sound. That was pretty impressive to be fair. 

"What about you?" 

"Guess," I fired back at her, grinning as the tables turned. 

However it didn't seem to bother her. "When I first saw you I thought you'd be the kind of douche to do football, or soccer." I rolled my eyes: she seemed to have no problem insulting me on the other hand. "But I don't know...now I reckon it's something like engineering." 

"Business," I corrected her. I wasn't the best at maths or at practical things in general, so engineering was never gonna be an option for me. 

"So you're an arsehole then." 

I grinned at the jibe. "No. We just know the best way to score a deal." 

I wasn't sure if she got the double meaning, and if I wasn't watching so closely I probably would've thought she didn't. But then I heard her release a sharp intake of breath, and I was glad to see that this attraction wasn't completely one sided. I affected her too.

My phone started ringing and I reached into my pocket to answer it. "Hey." 

"Hey, it's Drake. I'm outside." 

"Okay I'll be there in a second," I said before hanging up. 

She frowned at me. "I'm not waiting around for you. If you leave I'll leave too." 

"I'm only going out to bring my friend in. I'll be like ten seconds." 

She shrugged. "Not my problem." 

Wow, talk about little miss attitude. But if there was ever a time to play hard to get, then this moment was it. 

"In that case I'll see you around, Vic," I smirked, before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and leaving her behind, an astounded expression firmly etched on her gorgeous face. 

I couldn't help but grin. I wondered if she'd ever been told no before in her entire life, and how it must've felt to her. 

But true to her word, when I re-entered the club she was nowhere to be seen and it stayed that way for the rest of the night. Towards the end, I wondered if I'd made a huge mistake. 

But I supposed only time would tell.