Chapter 46 - Silence talks

Start from the beginning

"No!" She whispered as she took a deep breath.

"We won!" She said as she clutched him tightly, her nails digging in his back.

Both of them broke the hug and Yudhishthir peppered her face with light kisses. She closed her eyes at the sensation. They both knew that they were ecstatic at their win and at the same time broken. They felt the pain. He pulled her in a slow and earth shattering kiss making her realize that no matter what happens, they both will face it together.

Without any words exchanged, both of them laid on the bed. They hugged each other tightly, their legs entangled as their breaths mixed with each other.

They got exactly what they wanted i.e. assurance and love. No conversation, no words could've comforted them as the sound of their breaths and silence did.

***

The day of Draupadi's wedding came sooner than expected. It was just after two days after they arrived in panchal. Though Aahana and Draupadi bonded well, they never mentioned Aahana's miscarriage and Draupadi's wedding.
They talked about everything except these two things. Maharaj Drupad, Drishtadyumna and Shikhandini were relieved that Draupadi found a sister.

Right now, Draupadi sat alone in her room. Maids and ladies would come anytime now to get her ready. All the nervousness that she buried in her heart now resurfaced. Questions raised in her mind yet again. Was she doing right? Will people ever accept her? Won't they question her chastity and purity?

"Bhaiya, I think this time, you should go and talk to her. Your words will comfort her more than anyone else's." Aahana said as she stood with Shri Krishna.

"Sure. But remember, come exactly after five minutes." Aahana nodded at his words as Shri Krishna entered panchali's chamber.

"Sakhi!" He called her lovingly as she turned around to find him smiling at her.

"Govind!" She exclaimed as she ran towards him.

"How do you do it? Whenever I am about to fall in a pit of questions, you always come to take me out of it." She exclaimed as she sighed in relief. Shri Krishna laughed.

"Sakhi, I just go wherever I feel that people might need me. Now tell me, what's the matter?" She turned around again as now her back faced Shri Krishna.

"Govind, is this marriage dharma? Won't people question my character?"

"Sakhi, you took this decision considering everyone's feelings and pain. You took this decision without thinking about your own feelings. Anything that is done keeping everyone's betterment in mind is dharma." He said as he came in front of her.

"And about your character, you willingly made your life a penance Draupadi. The one who will question your chastity will be burnt by your purity. The whole world will remember your sacrifice."

"But Govind-"

"May I interrupt your conversation?" Aahana said as she entered as instructed. Shri Krishna asked her to enter after five minutes. He knew Draupadi had many more questions in mind but life is all about finding answers to your questions. He wanted Draupadi to find her answers herself.

"Its time for you to get ready." Aahana said as she approached Draupadi.
She held her shoulders.

"Draupadi, what you are doing is not easy. No woman would've done that. You are the strongest woman I have come across. Remember, I'm proud of you and I am always there for you." Draupadi smiled as again Aahana's words worked like magic.