25 - Hands Tied

CHARLES

Madison arrived in the office. I am very much happy to see her. I've missed her already.

"Here" she handed over the files I asked her to bring.

"Thank you" I replied.

"I should go home now" Madison said.

"Stay for now." I replied.

"What will we do?" Madison asked.

"Just watch me work" I replied jokingly.

We hold hands as we walk around the hall. It was going to be one of our last moments together before our child will be born.

"I always miss you" I said to her. She smiles and didn't say anything. We continued walking until we finally reached my office.

She sat at my chair and pretended to be me. She imitates my hand movements and they way I look.

"Stop that" I said to her while she's laughing.

Suddenly she began looking like she's in pain.

"Oh, I think my water just broke" she said.

"What?" I said.

"The baby's going to come out! Take me to the hospital." she said. It was early from her due date. We didn't expect for this to happen now.

I helped her walk out of the building and drove her to the hospital.

"It hurts so much" she said.

I called my mother and Camilla about the news of Madison. They hurriedly arrived in the hospital.

"Is she in labor?" my mother asked.

"The contractions are not enough to say that she's going to give birth now" the Doctor said.

"What will we do?" I asked the doctor.

"She can go home if you like" the doctor responded.

"We will stay here to make sure everything is alright." I replied.

------------------------------
MADISON

In me, I feel that I'm going to give birth soon. It is really painful.

Charles' mother and sister left and only me and Charles remained.

"I must tell Luke about this" I said to him.

"Fine." he replied.

I called Luke to tell him that I'm at the hospital. So he also visited me after his shift in the restaurant.

"You poor thing, I haven't heard from you in awhile." Luke said.

Charles left us so that we can speak just the two of us.

"I'm sorry Luke, I just have a lot of things in mind." I replied.

"So what do you plan after this?" he asked.

"Please don't tell Charles, but I'm leaving." I replied.

"I thought he knows that you're leaving." he asked.

"He thought I'm staying with him, but I'm not." I replied.

"I'll come with you wherever you want to go" Luke said.

"But Luke..." I said.

"Even if you don't love me back, I'll still stay by your side and protect you" he said.

"Thank you Luke" I replied.

"So where do you want to go?" he asked.

"Florida, it's the place where Dad grew up" I replied.

"Okay, I'll get us plane tickets" he said.

I really need to go away. And I am lucky that I still have Luke to be with me.

Luke left and Charles was sleeping on the couch. I am lying in the hospital bed, I still feel pain from the contractions. I really believe our son wants to go out now.

I decided to have some walk, I didn't bother to wake up Charles, because I know he is really tired.

I went out and saw Xavier outside.

"Hey, it's late but thank you for visiting" I said to him.

"I'm not here to visit you." he said. I was scared of him, the way he looks at me.

He grabbed me and dragged me out of the hallway to the fire exit of the hospital. His hands are strongly holding my hands and mouth. He started to tie my hands on my back and putting duct tape on my mouth.

I have no strength to break free. .

He dragged me to the parking lot, where I saw Luke. He was there I started kicking cars so he can see me.

He finally looked and saw me.

"Madison!" he screamed.

Xavier pulls out his gun and started shooting Luke. I hope he wasn't hurt. Xavier hurriedly dragged me inside his car and drove away from the hospital.

I was hoping Luke will tell Charles about this. I hope they will do something to find me.