1 - Gone Girl

Charles

 Finally,  I am home, five days felt like a very long time if you're going in a business trip in Georgia alone. I am exhausted, I just want to lie on my bed to take the longest sleep. But of course, seeing my girl again will give me energy. 

Helen, she's such an angel. I never thought that I will be this much happy with someone, but I am. She's a wonderful person, she brings the best of me. 

She didn't want to come with me because she said she will be bored staying in the hotel room. I did my best to convince her to go, but that girl knows how to end my persistence. 

She last called yesterday evening, I told her to wait for me. I am way too excited, because this is the perfect time for me to ask her hand. I want to marry her, start a family with her. It's been three years and I guess we're both ready to be married.

As I enter my home's front door, my housekeeper, Mrs. Damien greeted me. 

"Welcome home, Sir" she smiled. Mrs. Lena Damien had been working in the family for quite some time. 

"Mrs. Damien, where's Helen?" I asked my housekeeper.

"Mr. Newman, Miss Helen isn't home yet" she said.

Where is she? I left her three messages earlier. We haven't spoken once today. I hope she's planning to surprise me. 

"When did she leave?" I asked.

"This morning, Sir" she replied.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and started calling Helen. She's not answering my call, I tried again and again, but she's not picking up. 

"Babe, where are you? Please come home, okay." I left a message.

"Oh, before I forget, she left this" Mrs. Damien showed me an envelope. 

"She left that on the coffee table" she added. 

I opened it up and found some photos of us, the necklace I gave her and I folded paper.

Charles,

I am sorry, I am very happy that we met. But maybe we are not meant to be together.

Helen

"Helen! It's not funny anymore" I said.

I know Helen is playing a prank. She does that all the time. She is just testing me. I know she will come and will laugh hard. 

Mrs. Damien and I remained silent. I am hoping that Helen will jump out of nowhere, and laugh at my reaction. 

"Sir, she's not here" Mrs. Damien said.

Mrs. Damien looked with those sad eyes, before she finally walked away. 

I found myself sitting on the couch still can't believe Helen left without even talking to me. I can't even find any reason for her to leave. I gave her everything she needs but still it's not enough.

"Charlie" it's Nana Jade, my old nanny who stayed loyal to my family for years.

"Nana!" I said crying to her.

"Darling" Nana said as she touch my hair.

"Don't worry son, Helen will be back" she said.

Where are you Helen? Why did you go?

*****************
4 Years Later

Madison

I know it is common to be homeless at age 22. I am homeless, I am really in a bad place right now.

"Thanks for being here, Luke" I said to my dearest friend.

"I will always be here, I swear I won't leave you" he said.

My Mom kicked me out of our house. She thought I am sleeping with her boyfriend, but I never did. I know her boyfriend, Joe really wants to do something to me, but I am too strong to kick his ass all the time he attempts to touch me.

"You never slept with him, right?" Luke asked.

"I did not!" I said.

"I know you didn't ,and you can stay home too. It would be fine since my Dad is a friend of your Dad" Luke said.

My Dad is a policeman, when he died in a shootout Downtown. He was shot on the chest and the doctors can't save him. I am just ten that time, and my life seems terrible since Mom changed and my sister left.

"Thank you for letting me stay" I said to Luke.

"You don't need to say thank you. My home is your home now" Luke replied.

I am so happy having a best friend like him. He is smart, and kind. He is a very good person, I know if his Mom is still alive, she will be very proud of Luke.

Luke and I entered the house. He put my stuff inside his room.

"You better sleep in my room" he said.

"Where are you sleeping then?" I asked.

"I can stay on the couch" he said.

Suddenly, I sound of a motor covered the house.

"John is here" Luke said.

John is Luke's older brother. John is a police too, we barely talk.

"Why is she here?" John asked Luke.

"Ahh I told her she can stay for a while since her mother kicked her out" Luke replied.

"Why?" John asked.

"Mrs. Baker accused her of sleeping with her boyfriend" Luke said.

John looked at me then turns away. He didn't object that I am here.

I walk upstairs to Luke's room. It's getting darker now. I decided to take a shower. This day is so long, Mom hit me several times which is still hurting me. I have marks of her nails on my arms, scratches on my back and few bruises.

Soon, I changed my clothes and ended up sleeping.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my thigh. I am awakened and I saw John on top of me.

"Ssshhh" he said.

"Why are you here?" I asked, my heart is pounding, no. Not again.

"You're a beauty, no wonder your mom's boyfriend liked you" he asked. He began caressing my legs but I slapped his hand away. 

"I'll kill you once you shout, okay?" he warned.

"John please, don't" I begged.

He began kissing my neck and I try to hit him but his strong arms stopped me.

Soon, the lampshade fell from my motion.

Wake up Luke!!! Please.

"Luke! Help me!" I shouted then John punches me on my face. 

"Madi!" Luke arrives.

"John stop that!" Luke begins punching his brother. But John is way too strong so he hits him.

"Madi, Run!! Leave me" Luke said.

Luke continues brawling with his brother. I run out of the room when I heard John touch the gun's trigger. I felt something on my back, no. I'm shot!!!

"Run Madi, get some help" Luke said.

I endure the pain, I continued walking out.

"Help!!" I shouted but no one can hear me. I run to the road and saw light passing, a car, there's a car!