21 - Moving Out

MADISON

I can't believe that Charles told his mother that he is marrying me. I still can remember her mother's face when she heard it, she's mad, really mad that her face was red.

Charles and I stayed in one of his apartments in Hartford. It was the penthouse.

"You are really rich rich" I said.

"I'm not rich rich now that I left home" Charles replied.

"You can come back home now" I said to him. He looks at me like he can't believe what I am saying.

"I am home, you are my home" he replied. I was surprised those words really made my my heart beat fast.

"I love you, Madison Baker" he said. I froze, he finally said he loves me. I blushed and can't say anything at all.

"Let's sleep for now, I'll figure out what to do tomorrow morning" Charles said.

I haven't said a word and just nod. This is like a dream, me sleeping next to Charles again, telling me he loves me.

I think it's okay to be selfish sometimes, me staying with Charles and not minding whatever people's thinking.

And besides, once I gave birth to our son, I still want to see him grow. I still want to be a part of his life.

-----------------------------------
CAMILLA

When I got home that evening, I saw the living room looks like a mess.

"Relina, what happened here?" I asked her as she was cleaning the broken things.

"You mother and Sir Charles had a fight" Relina replied. Oh no, what is this about?

"Where's my mom?" I asked her for the last time.

"She's in her room" Relina replied. I quickly headed upstairs to speak with my mother who really is in a rage of breaking things.

"Mother!" I said as I saw her crying in silence.

"What happened?" I asked her. I sat next to her trying to comfort her.

"Charles told me he is marrying Madison" my mom replied. What on earth happened for Charles to say that?

"What did you do about it?" I asked her again.

"I told him he will not get any money from me and your father. That once he stepped out of this house he can no longer come back" mom replied.

"So what do we do now?" I asked. So Charles left the house with Madison. This is really different of Charles.

"We have Helen and Charles' son as the heir." Mother said.

"Xavier might be fit to fill for Charles' position. And you may need to work also." She continued.

"Mom, you know I don't work" I replied.

"Well you need to" Mom said.

"I'd be calling Helen tomorrow morning, I'll let her and her child live with us here. " She continued.

"What about Xavier?" I asked her. I really want Xavier to live with us.

"Then I ask him to move in, we all need to talk about this." Mom said.

"Thank you mom!" I said.

"But what about Charles?" I asked.

"Charles won't come back even if he's suffering. He is the type of person to keep everything to himself. You know him too" Mother replied.

"I'll just think now that my only son was dead." Mother cries.

"Stop crying mother, everything will be alright" I said to her.

I am going to try to speak with Charles tomorrow. I know he has his reasons to do that to our mother. Besides I don't really like Helen that much, we've never been close when they were together.

Charles really is someone I admire, he wasn't a mamas boy, but he obeyed my mother ever since Dad died. He didn't give her any problems, he just followed her. After Charles graduated, he already began handling our company. He devoted himself with it, that even Helen came in, he valued the business more. But now that he met Madison, he turned down everything just to choose her.

I know Charles must be tired of doing the same things everyday. And I cannot blame him for leaving now. He just found his happiness and I am hoping that I already found mine with Xavier. I wish that Xavier would be a good man.