10 - New Turns

Charles

I don't know what came to me last night when I decided to take Madison to bed again.

What was I thinking? Is it because of Heather or about that man Madison brought last night?

I cannot focus at work.

"Sir, are you alright? You seem different the past few weeks? Dylan asked.

"I have a lot of things in mind" I replied.

"Why don't you take a couple of days off?" He asked.

"I can't there's a lot of work to do" I replied.

"But sir," he said.

"I'll think about it." I replied.

------
Madison

Why am I blushing everytime I think of what happened last night? Oh no.I just feel so embarrassed about what happened, the time where I told him not to call me Helen. It should be a wake up call to him, that I am not Helen. 

"Hey, are you alright?" Relina asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I replied.

"You didn't sleep at your bed last night, where were you?" She asked.

"I went out to meet Luke" I lied.

"Oh okay" she replied.

-------
Charles

I've been quiet all day long, I don't even pay attention on the meeting.

"Sir, sir" Dylan called.

"Yes?"

"Here is the invitation to Heather's wedding" he said. 

I almost forgot that Heather asked for a dinner with me last night to tell me she was marrying Lance Astor. She thought I would've stopped her, but I know it's best for her. 

"Sir, you have a +1" he said.

"Then I'd ask Camilla" I replied.

"But Sir, Camilla won't be here soon" Dylan said. 

"Oh I forgot" I replied.

Who will I bring? Well I can go alone. But I look pathetic alone. I should not look miserable in there, I should look like a supportive friend of hers as she walk down the aisle. 

Who should I come with? 

Madison? Madison. No. Well, then who else should I go if not her? She's undeniably beautiful, given that she have the same face as Helen's. 

After sometime, I received a call from my mother.

"Mom" I said. I sounded upset when I spoke.

"Son, how are you doing?" Mom asked as if she just left for a day. 

"The same, when will you come back?" I asked her. 

"I'll be back before you know it, don't you worry." she replied. 

"Son, how's Madison?" she asked.

"She's alright" I replied.

"Wonderful, I'll be back as soon as I can. Take care." She said.

"Okay, take care" I told her. 

"I should go, Dolores will be showing her new set of clothes from that designer from Dubai." Mom said. I hang up. 

----------
Should I bring Karlie? Nope. I can't go out with her. I cannot choose her, we will just end up having an awkward evening, with her trying to get me drunk or kiss me on the car. It's not an option at all. 

When I got home, I saw Relina alone.

"Where's Madison?" I asked.

"Oh, she's out with her friend" Relina replied. She seems scared of me.

Friend? Madison is out again with that friend. I don't know, but I started getting mad, am I really jealous? I can't be feeling this. 

She arrived shortly.

"Where were you?" I asked her with the coldest voice.

"Sir, I was at the restaurant..." i didn't make her finish.

"You don't get to leave without me knowing, you understand?" I told her. I sounded like I'm her dad or her boss. 

"You are still with my child and I cannot let my child be harmed." I said.

"Yes sir, I'm sorry" she replied.

She was crying a bit, I can tell. This girl definitely is a pure hearted. I started to fell guilty with what I said and how I sounded. 

"Don't do it again, if you're going somewhere you can call me. That's why I gave you a phone, I am not mad that you went somewhere, I'm mad because you didn't tell." I said clearly. 

"It won't happen again, I am really sorry." her hands are shaking. 

------

The next day, I woke up with the smell of a delicious meal. This is the first time in years I became so excited of breakfast, this is new to me. 

I headed to the kitchen seeing Relina only.

"Good morning Sir," she said.

"Did you prepare this?" I asked

"No sir, it's Madison. She said she wanted to apologize about yesterday" she replied.

I can't help but smile a bit with her kind gesture.

"Where is she?" I asked Relina again.

"She's at the garden Sir, watering the plants" she replied.

I walked through the door, finding Madison. She's talking to the plants, I can tell.

She doesn't look pregnant yet. It's only been more than a month.

"Good morning Sir" she said. She seems shy. 

"Madison" I said.

"Yes?" she said. 

"I see you prepared breakfast as a form of apology, I very much appreciated what you did." I told her, I sounded like I care too much, I don't know what the heck I'm saying. 

"I am really sorry, I didn't think about it. I swear it won't happen again." she told me. She sounded sincere, and I like that. 

"I am attending a wedding, and I want you to come with me" I said. I hope I did not sound like I'm asking her on a date, I don't want her to think it that way. 

"Me sir?" She asked. She sounded very surprised hearing me say that. 

"Yes, I need to go with someone. My mom and Camilla is not around so..." I replied. I needed to tell her that so she wouldn't think I'm hoping for her to be with me. 

"But sir, I..."

"I'll take care of everything you need, you don't have to worry. You just come with me" I replied.

I left without even knowing if she like to or not. And yeah, she doesn't have a choice either. I started to think how I actually sounded.