11 - Wedding Night

CHARLES

At the office:
That morning before Heather's wedding, I let Dylan hire a stylist for Madison. I told him to hire the best in the state if he could, someone who will shut their mouth about this matter too. 

"Sir, the stylist has already arrived at your home" Dylan spoke.

"Good, did you tell the stylist what I want?" I asked him.

"Yes sir, he said he can handle it" he replied

"He?" I asked.

"I hired the best stylist in town Sir, Zendric" he replied.

Oh, Zendric. He is a famous  stylist, I remember. I heard he had been with some famous personalities. Dylan did a great job then. 

"Well done" I said to Dylan.

I don't have a clue about what will happen later. I just hope everything turn out well.

Later that Day:

I got home, I don't want to disturb what Zendric has been doing with Madison. So I just continued walking to my room to prepare myself for later. 

I took a shower while clearing my head at the same. This is it, my best friend, who happens to be an old potential lover is getting married. Heather Pears has finally found her end game, while I remain the same. I am still that old Charles Newman who had his girlfriend runaway from him. 

I put on one of my tux for wedding occasions that I barely attend. 

I haven't heard from Madison since I arrived. It's kind of intriguing what Zendric is  doing, now is the time for me to see. 

"Sir" I heard Relina.

"Yes?" I saw her with Zendric.

"Nice to finally meet you Mr. Charles Newman, I am grateful for the opportunity to work for you" he said.

We handshake and he seems really nice.

"I hope you've signed the NDA" I asked. It is very important that he does that so the world won't know what my life had been on. 

"Yes sir, I did" he said.

"Thank you, I'd hope to hire you again soon" I replied.

"Me too, sir. I'm hoping to work with you. I better go" He smiled.

"Relina," I said signaling her to assist Zendric out. She leaves with him.

I decided to go downstairs, Madison was there. She looks beautiful. She wears a gold long dress. And her hair, perfectly tied in a bun with those shining head pieces.

"Sir, do I look fine?" She asked.

I don't know what to say. I just can't tell her how beautiful she is, I may sound different. 

"Yeah" I just said, but in all honesty, she looks like a Goddess. 

----------------------------------------------
MADISON

"Sir, do I look fine?" I asked him.

"Yeah" he said like he is whispering. So I don't know if I do really look fine, but I'll just go and do my job. 

"Let's go" he said as we headed out of the house to the garage.

He picked that classy car that I don't know of. Some rich stuff that I barely know.

Wedding:

His friend Heather got married. It was really beautiful. I hope that I will get married too, just like this.

I wish my Dad is still here to walk me down the aisle and my sister as a bridesmaid.

I wish my Mom is helping me with everything I need for that day.

Tears fell down my eyes when they started saying their vows.

"Why are you crying?" Charles asked.

"Nothing, it's just wonderful" I replied.

Wedding Reception:

We are now watching the newly wed couple dance to their song. Ms. Heather Pears or should I say Mrs. Heather Astor looks wonderful with her long white gown, and his husband looks handsome too. They look like couple in the movies, they look very happy. How I wish I can experience that. 

We are seated next to some old people that I don't know.

"Helen" the old lady called me Helen.

"Ahhm no, I'm not Helen" I replied.

"Oh you look like Helen, sorry dear" she replied.

I should not be surprised about this, I am surrounded by the people who Helen used to be with. I think this night will be about me denying to be Helen. 

Then the waiter poured wine on the glass, and as I person who's first time being in a fancy wedding, I attempted to drink. 

I was about to drink wine when Charles stopped me. The wine spilled in my dress.

"No" he said.

"Oh, I'm sorry I totally forgot, I got excited" I replied.

I forgot I was pregnant. I should be really careful.

"I'll just wash these stains" I replied. I stand up, then he  did. 

"I will come with you." Mr. Newman said. 

"No need, I can go on my own." I told him. 

I decided to go to the restroom alone. It's just the bathroom, I don't need Mr. Newman to be my chaperone just to go to the restroom. Does he think I will runaway? I will never do that, not in this dress that may took a long time for me to pay for. 

I started washing the parts of this gold dress with the stains. I am screwed if I can't remove much of it. Even if the dress is nothing for Mr. Newman, I still value this. It's too expensive to be stained on. 

I got tired of the washing, and so I looked at myself in the mirror. When I looked at my left and saw a woman who looks like me. How can that happen? 

It's not my reflection, because she's wearing a different dress. She's wearing a long black dress, with her lips red and her hair is down, she's beautiful and looks like me.  

I stopped a bit. I didn't move as I try to process what's going on. Is she what I thought she is? I wanted to say a word, but I remain speechless. I didn't do anything for the next couple of seconds. 

She also stopped and looked at me.