17 - Truth Hurts

CHARLES

It's been days since Helen showed up with a child, telling me I'm the father. And my mom is here as well. I should be telling her this.

"Mom, do you have a minute?" I asked her. She is in the living room, watching a talk show.

"What's it about?" she asked. I sat beside her and thinking of words to use on what happened.

"Helen showed up in my office few days ago" I said. Her faced changed she is surprised hearing about Helen.

"What did she say?" She asked.

"She said she wasn't ready for marriage that's why she left" I replied.

"Oh she's lying, I can tell" Mom said.

"She has a four year old son, she's telling me I'm the father" I continued.

"What?!" Mom's voice is loud.

"Are you certain that it's your child?" She asked. Well no, Helen and I were careful about it.

"No," I replied.

"Then ask her to take a DNA test" she suggested.

"I should" I replied.

"Do you want Helen back?" Mom asked

"No, I don't want her in my life anymore" I said.

"You still love her when I left, and when I came back, you don't" she said.

"Well, I've changed since you left" I replied.

"Hmmm" she murmured.

"Well have a nice day mother" I said then left.

"I heard Madison's sleeping in your room" she said.

"Remember son, we just asked her to have your child. Falling for her isn't an option" she said.

She must've asked Relina about it.

I didn't respond to what she said.

-------------------------------------
MADISON

I am worried about Charles, he seems not okay again. I bet he has a very hard time trying to assess the situation he is in. I just wish I can do something to help him feel better.

Luke and I haven't spoken for days, he really wants me to think about it. I love Luke, but as a friend. I don't know if I can love him more than that. But he's been there, he even went here to find me.

"What are you thinking?" Charles asked me while I was at the kitchen.

"I just wish everything's alright about you" I said. He smiled, I guess he is just hiding his real emotions.

"I wish it too" he replied.

"What about him?" I said as I touch my tummy

"Nothing's going to change about him," he said.

"You already have a son" I replied. I am afraid this child will be treated bad because he wasn't the first child, and not the child of the girl he truly loves.

"I can have two sons, at least I know that he is mine" he said. He is right, this baby is his son.

"We should pick a name for him" I said.

"You choose" he replied.

"Baby Cinnamon" Isaid looking at the cinnamon on the counter.

"You wanted to name him with that?" He asked.

"It's the first thing I saw, let's just make it temporary" I replied.

"Okay" he said then he smiled. I just noticed his dimples, it was cute.

"I just knew now that picking names is hard" I said.

"Yes it is" he replied.

Mrs. Newman looked at us like she's judging what we do.

"Good morning, Madam" I said.

"Good morning, how's the baby?" she asked.

"He is doing well" I replied.

"He?" She asked.

"I brought her to the doctor last month, and we confirmed that it's a boy" Charles said.

"Good news" his mother said.

"Charles dear, can I talk to Madison? Just the two of us please?" Mrs. Newman said.

"Of course" Charles said then left.

"You and Charles are getting closer I see. I just want to remind you that once you give birth to his child, you will definitely leave." Mrs. Newman spoke. It's true, I know that.

"Don't you ever think my son will fall in love with you, and you must not fall in love with him. You are here to repay you debts, not to be a Cinderella" she said. It hit my soul. It hurt me.

"I know that madam" I replied.

"You better distance yourself from him, don't ever think that you can rise to his level" she continued.

"Yes" I replied.

"You know how much I love my son, I hope you understand. We will surely give you how much money we can just so you can give birth to his child" she said.

I didn't respond, she left and I left crying. I silently cried. Maybe I really love him, maybe this tears means that. But I cannot love him like I want to.

I should be the one to go away.