24 - Knowing Why

MADISON

Should I tell Charles what I know about Helen? I don't think he will be happy about it, like I'm not. I don't want him to think so much about things.

It's another morning where Charles left to go back to work.

"You've been caught up to this family drama." Relina said.

"Yes I am," I replied shortly.

I already forgot the last time Relina and I spoke normally.

"I've missed you. I thought I'd never see you again." she said. Yeah, I think of that too.

Everyone left. I miss those days that these house is quiet. No conflicts about people to talk about.

The phone rang. I answered the call and it is Charles.

Me: Hello

Charles: Madison, I forgot a folder on my table. Can you bring it here for me? Sorry, I can't ask anyone here because we're all busy. I hope you can ask Camilla's driver to drive you here.

Me: Sure, I'll go bring it.

Charles: Thank you, take care.

---------------------------------
CHARLES

There are things we have to accomplish since I left before. We are delayed in producing data for the last month.

I decided to go check what my team has been doing. Part of the team is Xavier and I don't seem to see him around.

I asked one of the staff where he is.

"Do you know where Xavier is?" I asked him.

"Someone called him, I think they are still talking at the conference room." he replied.

"Thank you" I said.

I always wanted to see Xavier do something bad so I can kick him out of my life. I don't like him.
--------------------
Third person

"Everything is going as planned." It was Helen's voice.

"I know, our son is going to own this place someday" Xavier replied.

"And there's another thing." Helen said.

"About what?" Xavier asked

"Charles' baby maker is actually my sister." Helen said.

"Is that true?" Xavier replied.

"Yes, that's why we look exactly the same. I wish I've known earlier." Helen replied.

"She may get in our way with her child." Xavier replied.

"What are you planning to do?" Helen asked.

"We need to lose her" Xavier replied.

"Don't you ever think of hurting her in anyway." Helen said.

"We can't lose this chance. Their child might be a threat to our son." Xavier acquiesed.

"Please, Xavier I begging you!" Helen pleaded him.

Xavier didn't respond to Helen.

---------------
4 Years Ago

Helen is having an affair with Xavier for a year when this happened.

"I'm pregnant, Xavier." Helen said to him.

"Congratulations! Charles must be happy about it." He replied.

Helen's face completely changed hearing Xavier say that.

"It's not Charles', it's yours" Helen replied.

Xavier is surprised hearing that he is having a child with his friend's fiance.

"It can't be" the only thing he spoke.

"Charles will not believe me, if I told him it was his. He wasn't here for the time this child was conceived." Helen said.

"He is going to kill me once he found out about it." Xavier replied.

"I don't want him to know about this. We can leave" Helen said.

"I just started working in his company. I can't afford to lose a job like that." Xavier replied.

"So what do you want me to do?" she asked.

"Just go, and hide from him." He replied.

For the next few years, Helen and their son lived in different places close to Hartford. Xavier supports them. He hid the fact that he knows where Charles' fiance is. He completely lied to him.

Helen continued sending money to her mother and Madison. But the amount gets smaller since Xavier only earns enough for them. It also became the start of their mom's inappropriate behavior towards Madison.

When Charles discovered Xavier is stealing money, they lost everything. And the way they think to solve their problem is for Helen to appear again. They didn't know Charles is already falling in love with Madison.

Madison has been hopeless in finding his sister, little did she know that Margaret had changed her name to Helen.