Chapter 6-Like family?

Chapter 6-Like Family?

Rose and I have had limited talking. Only a few simple words were said to each other.

"Hand me that plate" and "Thank you" were only said around family. Other then that she occasionally brushed me in the hallway or gossiped about me with Samantha or tried to hurt me during gym.

Anyways I was at the baseball diamond and I sat on the bench tying my hair up into a ponytail. Samantha walked into the dug out angrily and threw her bag down and stormed back out to sit on the bleachers with other family members and her friends. Including Rose. Today was the game to decide who was in the finals so it meant a lot.

Someone sat down close beside me and I looked up to see that it was Christian.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Oh...Someone's a bit moody this morning. PMS-ing are we?" He teased.

"Shut up you loser." I laughed finishing my ponytail.

"So what's wrong with Ms. Samantha?" I asked.

"I don't know anymore. I guess she is just so torn up about it. She hasn't spoken to any of my brothers and she has been giving me the coldest shoulder ever. Not that I mind." He shrugged.

"Hard life. She'll get over it."

"I highly doubt it. We have been "together" you could say since grade six. It was that little boyfriend/girlfriend thing in elementary and it got serious the summer of grade nine."

"I guess that first love thing is always hard, eh?"

"No. I never really liked her. She was just always there and I wasn't in the mood to ask any other girls out or take them on dates."

"You never took her on a date?"

"No. Never. Wait...We did go to see a movie with my brothers in grade eight. But it wasn't really a date. Other then that it was just nothing."

"By "nothing" you mean having fun times under the sheets?" I smirked patting his shoulder.

"Hey your welcome to try some of that stuff with me. I won't mind, Z." He smirked back.

"I have a waiting list so...I'll let you know." I laughed having a sip of water.

"Alright guys we are at bat first. Zoey how about you set the game off for us?" Thomas asked.

"Sure." I smiled as everyone piled in the dug out. I grabbed a bat and swung it loosely in my fingers and stepped up into the plate. I tapped the bat on my shoes and got ready to hit a home run.

She threw the ball it was fast but it was perfectly straight so it was easy to hit and send right out of the park. I dropped the bat and jogged slowly watching the cheering crowd. It was pretty crowded. A lot of people showed up. More than I expected.

The game ended pretty quickly and we blew the team out of the water. I played excellent scoring many homeruns.

But after the game Thomas and my father approached me with an older man and woman. They were smiling brightly at me.

"Zoey this is Jamie Mckenna and Kyle Burton and they are the coaches and managers for the University girls' baseball team in the city over. Their team is the best in North America."

"Oh, hi." I smiled shaking their hands.

"Zoey, you are a wonderful player and we would like for you to come out for a practice with the team tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Sure. What time?"

"It's at one, We are very interested in you. You play very well and judging by the marks your father says you have we are interested in giving you a scholarship to come to our university and play for our team." Jamie said.