Chapter 28-Blood Boils

Christian's POV:

I took a rest after searching everywhere for Z. There was no sign no scent. Everyone was tired and sweaty.I was going to hear a lot of complaints from everyone in the pack. I morphed back and took a deep breath my hair was dripping with sweat and I ran my hand through it.

"There is only one option left." Kevin said morphing back too.

"He's right. She couldn't have left the island we searched everywhere." Sam agreed.

"We are just going to have to search the...um...the eerie, haunted, scary...sketchy...asylum." Kevin gulped.

"That's the only thing..."Tyler began.

"Without Zo, we won't be able to fight off spirits. I don't even know what to do if we see a spirit. Do we run? Do we morph?" He asked.

"I don't know. Let's sleep and find out tomorrow."Kevin said.

"We should be searching." I grunted.

"Look Chris, we all want to find Zo. But we are exhausted. We need rest before we do anything. Sleeping for a couple of hours won't hurt. In order to leave she would have to go through the lobby so we will hear." Kevin said. I sighed but nodded.

"Fine. I will be on guard first. Rotate every hour. I will go, then Ty, Kevin, Joey, Kristof, Christopher and Johnny." I said.

"What about us?" Sam asked.

"Do you want to do watch?" I asked.

"I don't really want to be up by myself." Rose said shakily.

"Good point." Sam said quickly. We went inside and began hooking up lights so that the lobby was lit. I sat in the chair staring into space.

"Where are you,Z?" I muttered.

Zoey's POV:

It felt like my heart was inside my head. These heavy and loud rhythmic beats thumped throughout my whole body. I felt a thick hot liquid rush inside me. It wrapped my heart in it's poisonous embrace and pumped itself covering every last drop of human blood in my body.

I screamed for Christian, my brothers, my parents even Rose. But no sound escaped my lips. Short whimpers came from my body but other then that I couldn't scream for someone to help me.

Christian's POV:

The next morning once everyone was awake we broke off into two teams. Kevin, Sam, Tyler and Christopher, then there was Kristof, Rose, Joey and Johnny. They covered two floors and then I did a full sweep.

I stretched quickly as the groups went off and I walked behind.

Rose's POV:

We scouted what looked like a library. Old, dusty books lined the shelves and I blew some off. Cobwebs were everywhere and an inch thick of dust coated everything.

I grabbed an ancient Goddess book and flipped open to a random page.

"What do you have there?" Joey asked. despite his rebel attitude and aura, Joey was crazy about books. He loved to read, he loved English and he was amazing at writing.

"It's an ancient goddess book. You know the ones in the tales? Our old tribe chief had a book like this and he used to tell us stories about each Goddess." I explained as I flipped through more pages.

"Hey, that Goddess looks like, Zo. Doesn't it?" He asked pointing to the Goddess, Mharen.

"I remember her. She was my favourite. She had many different names. The common was the Goddess of night because she was a vampire, The Moon Goddess because she brought the wolves and vampires together, the Goddess of love because she was attractive and very seductive and the Goddess of war because of her magic."

"Wow that's like Zoey, minus the vampire and werewolf part." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Zoey is hot and she has magic." He stated.

"Huh..."I said agreeing.

"I'm going to keep this." I said taking the book and tucking it under my arm. I scanned more books that I thought might be useful and we continued on to the other rooms.