Chapter 21-Death is everywhere

Chapter 21:

Zoey's POV:

The waitress brought back my food and she gasped as she set it down. I looked up confused and she stared right at the pack symbol on my forhead.

"You're marked." She said. I frowned and covered it with my hair. Seriously? Is every creature we encounter going to do this?

"You are with a marked one? Are you crazy?" She said to Christian. I placed down my fork, losing my appetite. I pushed back the chair and stood up.

"Zo?" Christian asked. I began scratching my arms and tried covering them and she stared at me in fear.

"Stop looking at me!" I suddenly screamed. Just like that the blood flowed from my arms and my dark cloud friends appeared. I held out my hands and I grabbed her and began pulling her. She screamed and passed out and I dropped her. I shook my head realizing what I had done and tears flowed from my eyes as the restaurant was quiet.

"Zo..."Christian said worriedly. Blood was all over my dress.

"I-I have to go...I...I need help." I stuttered. I ran out of the restaurant and into the forest. I breathed heavily and rubbed my face and blood smeared all over my face and arms.

"N-no..." I whispered as I felt the tingling sensation hit my back and up my spine. The tattoo's...no.

I felt the tingling sensation go from my cheek bones down to where my neck starts.

"God no..."I sighed heavily. My dress was a wreck and I was smeared with blood. I heard a rustling in the bushes and I turned sharply.

"Well well well..." A scout said. I stopped dead in my tracks and tried covering my arms. Luckily it was dark so you couldn't see my tattoo's.

"If it isn't little, Zoey..."I remember this scout. Kalin I think his name was.

"Tamlen didn't come back. But he is still with us."

"What do you mean?" I asked as we circled each other.

"He's in spirit form. We are bringing him back and sending scouts to attack you."

"How can you do that? Not without highly trained forbidden magic or a..."

"Witch?" He smirked.

"You have a witch performing an ancient spell? You realize that spell is dangerous and only a specially trained forbidden magic user can perform it!?" I exclaimed.

"She will do fine."

"One mishap can bring back many angry spirits!"

"And we will send them after your family and little boyfriend."

"Fine you want it that way? Kill me I can push my way through to come back." I challenged.

"You'd think we'd do that?" He asked laughing sarcastically.

"Then if we do mess up the spell we are not bringing you back." I began scratching my still bloody arms.

"Nervous?" He asked gesturing to my arms.

"No...But you should be." I smirked. I out stretched my arms and the shadows came. I clenched the air and two huge arms grabbed his body and I pulled and he ripped in half.

"Zo?" I heard Christian call. I hyperventilated as he emerged through the trees.

"Scout?" He asked staring down at the body.

"Y-yea." I stuttered.

"Are you...okay?" He asked already knowing my answer.

"I need to go home." I sniffled.