Just kidding

The sound of your heartbeat loudly thumps in your ear as you stare at Suga speechless. Suga pulls his hand away and smirks at you playfully. "Just kidding." Suga softly says into the quiet room. As quickly as your heart raced, it dropped just as fast. "W-What?" You raise your voice, confused.

Suga was toying with you just now?

Suga covers his mouth with his hand, chuckling. "Sorry, I shouldn't be saying things like that nonchalantly." Furrowing your brows together, you grab your pillow and throw it towards Suga. "When did you suddenly turn into a clown?" Your cheeks flushing red from embarrassment. For a moment there you ate up every word Suga spoke. Suga catches the thrown pillow with no hesitation and places it back on your lap.

"Sorry, sorry." Suga grins from ear to ear, not looking apologetic at all. You loudly sigh under your breath, lifting the blanket off of you. "I'm going to the bathroom." You grumble out, leaving Suga alone in your bedroom. Suga relaxes his shoulders when Y/N disappears from his view. He places a hand over his racing heartbeat and exhales. His face heats up when he thinks back to his words just earlier. Suga decided to lie saying it was a joke because of the awkward atmosphere between the two. He really meant every word but decided to backtrack. Knitting his brows together he wonders if that was the correct choice.

Sighing again, Suga hides his face with his palms. Frustrated, he frowns. "Now I understand what Tsukishima meant." Suga murmurs to himself.

"What about Tsukishima?" You raise an eyebrow when you notice Suga covering his face. His body stiffens when he hears your voice. Suga lowers his hands and awkwardly chuckles. "Nothing." Suga forces a smile towards you. Pursing your lips, you decide to not pester Suga further. Nodding your head you walk over to your desk and grab your schoolwork packet. Suga watches you sit down by the tea table and joins you. "Made any progress since yesterday?" Suga asks you from across the table. You smile, nodding to his question.

"I finished the math section earlier today. I'll have to text Tsukishima to double check my answers." Suga quietly watches you flip through your packet, the serious look on your face is adorable to him. "What subject are you working on today?" Suga rests his cheek on his palm, staring at you with a gentle gaze. Your eyes glue to the packet in front of you, "English." You smile, looking up to look at Suga. You're slightly surprised by the kind gaze Suga stares at you with.

Feeling your heart skip a beat, you downcast your eyes quickly.

"Finally something I can help you with." Suga stands up and walks around the tea table, plopping himself next to you. You start to get nervous despite how often Suga was close to you before. You're now more aware of your friendliness than before. Your shoulders lightly brush up against each other when Suga leans in to look at the assignment. "Hmm..." Suga's voice hums beside your ear, your eyes wavering. The familiar scent of linen and citrus fills your nose. You're in a daze by Suga's scent and absentmindedly ignore him. "Y/L/N?" Suga turns to look at you, his face close to yours.

Seeing his hazel brown eyes so close to you makes you lean back, your hands frantically covering your lips. Suga raises an eyebrow, confused from your reaction. You reflexively covered your mouth thinking Suga was going to kiss you like Tsukishima had before. Your face flushes bright red and you awkwardly lower your hands back to the table. With downcast eyes you squeak out an apology. "Sorry, I thought you were..." Your words fall silent before you can finish your sentence.