A familiar feeling

Your heart hammers in your chest and you feel yourself regain senses in your body. Tsukishima holds a gentle gaze towards you. Your face heats up and you turn away from his stare. Placing a finger to your lips you replay the scene over and over.

Tsukishima kissed you.

Tsukishima leans back in his seat, scrunching his nose towards the lake. The atmosphere went from serious to what the fuck in a matter of seconds. "We should probably start heading back." Tsukishima calls out to you. You nod without looking at him. The two of you silently pedal back to the dock and you practically jump out of your seat when you see the wooden pier. You speed past the rental owner and Tsukishima chases after you. The owner chuckles at the two of you. "Ah...the youth." The older gentleman smiles reading his newspaper.

You pull your phone out to look at the time.

4:04 PM

"I should head back home now. Sorry for intruding your day off Kei." You stammer your words out, bowing to him slightly before turning your back to him. Tsukishima silently watches you fumble around. "I'll walk you home Y/N. Your mind seems distracted." Tsukishima walks over to you.

Your mind is a mess because of him!

You mentally groan. But you don't decline his offer. The walk back home is silent and anxious on your end. The only thought is of how soft Tsukishima's lips are. Despite the cocky things those lips of his say, his lips were gentle and it bothered you. You are afraid to let your guard down for someone again.

🏐・゚゚・。.

The next morning you're standing in front of the crosswalk in a daze. Thankfully nothing else happened between you and Tsukishima after he walked you home. You doubt you'll be standing on your two legs if something other than a kiss did happen. The beeping of the crosswalk light pulls you back to reality. You walk slowly in no rush to head to school. A few students rush past you, squealing over someone. That someone you can only assume is Kageyama. You stop in your tracks and look up. There Kageyama awkwardly stands with several girls offering him their milk carton. Kageyama glares at the girls but that only arouses them more. His eyes then flick over to you. You stare at each other for what seems like minutes. Not wanting to stand around any longer, you break eye contact from him, walking around the crowd of girls.

Kageyama however keeps his eyes on you. He watches you from a distance.

When you maneuver yourself past the school gates you notice a familiar short blonde haired guy. Tsukishima stands there awkwardly, something in his hand. When he looks up to see you, his shoulders relax. Pursing your lips together, your eyes automatically stare at his lips. A blush creeping onto your face. Feeling too flustered, you lower your eyes, pretending to not see him. You start to make a dash to the lockers but Tsukishima calls out to you. "Y/N." Tsukishima walks over to you, extending his hand. Slowly, you lift your head up to look at him. Your eyes stare at the item Tsukishima holds out.