You're not the only one

After eating lunch with Suga, you return back to your classroom a little earlier before lunch break is over. Resting your head on the cool desk, you close your eyes. Your mind wanders to the emotion you felt earlier. The way your heart raced when you looked at Suga. His gentle smile flashes in your mind. You're then pulled out of your thoughts when you hear commotion in the hallway.

"I think she's going to tell him!" A few classmates of yours run over to the window. You raise your head up, curiosity getting the better of you. From your seat you can see the entire scene unravel in front of you. "Kageyama. Will you please listen to me?" An unfamiliar student calls out to Kageyama. You've never seen her before and from the way she holds herself she seems to be an upperclassman. Kageyama doesn't turn to look at her. His eyes are ahea

d of him. Despite not looking at the upperclassman, he still stopped to listen to her.

"What is it?" Kageyama's tone flat. The upperclassman pays no mind to his cold attitude. She walks over to him, standing directly in front of him with a confident smile. "You like volleyball, right?" Kageyama scoffs under his breath. "I wouldn't be on the team if I didn't."

"Well, I like volleyball too. I'm actually on the female volleyball team." She flashes Kageyama a sly smile. "Where are you going with this? I'd like to go back to my class before lunch break is over." Kageyama starts to get impatient with the girls roundabout conversation. She sighs under her breath, taking a step closer to Kageyama. Her hand reaches towards Kageyama's hair, her tongue seductively licking her lips.

Something lights up within your core when you watch the two from your seat. Your chest tightens and an unexplainable emotion eats at you. Your body moves on its own when you push yourself out of the classroom door. You then push your way through the crowd, irritation flickering in your eyes. "I like you Kageyama. I think I'm a better fit for the role of your girlfriend, won't you agree?" The girl twirls her finger around Kageyama's hair. You knit your brows together, irritated by how full of herself she is. "I know how busy volleyball gets so I'll be more understanding about the lack of time we'll have together." Her words stab your heart and you feel your anger shift. How can she loosely say those words without knowing how difficult it was for you during your relationship with Kageyama. You were patient for the longest during your entire relationship. But eventually you lost patience when you felt neglected.

"I'll be supportive of your hobbies and I won't cling onto you like Y/L/N." She giggles under her breath, pulling her finger away from his hair. She then leans over to Kageyama's ear, "I also have more experience if you know what I mean."

Your eyes waver, hands balled into a fist. You've had enough of this upperclassman and her low throws at you. Without thinking twice, you walk over to the two, anger fueling you. You know you'll regret this later but you want to knock this girls confidence down a few pegs. You force yourself between the two, pushing the upperclassman away from Kageyama. Everything from now on becomes a blur when you slap the upperclassman. Tears welling up in your eyes. "Kageyama won't date someone as horrible as you." The sharp tone in your voice pierces the atmosphere. The upperclassman glares at you in anger, her hand meets your face and you're a second too late to move out of the way. Your cheek heats up from her slap and you're sure it left a mark. The slap stings but you hold your ground. "You shouldn't speak so loosely." The words slip from your lips through clench teeth. Your eyes glare at her despite the tears streaming down your face.

Just then you hear the voices of several teachers. They shout among the crowd to return to their classrooms.

"You little bitch." The upperclassman raises her hand up again to slap you but she's stopped by an extended hand. "Don't embarrass yourself further." The nonchalant voice belongs to Tsukishima. He throws her hand back, taking hold of your hand and pulling you away. Kageyama knits his brows together, grabbing onto your wrist. Tsukishima glares at him, "Let Y/N go. This is your fault so take responsibility by telling the teachers what just happened." You feel Kageyama loosen his grip on your wrist, his hand falls back to his side and you're dragged away by Tsukishima. You willingly follow Tsukishima, your eyes downcast.

Tsukishima stops in front of the courtyard. Anger written all over his face. "Why'd you go and do something like that Y/N? You should ignore Kageyama and his personal business." You can hear the frustration in Tsukishima's voice. But you mentally answer that you followed your emotions and not your mind. "You shouldn't meddle in conversations that you're not apart of." You keep your head low while you listen to Tsukishima rant. Everything he is saying is correct. You let your emotions get the better of you and acted irrationally. You knew all this but still did it anyway. Because whether you liked it or not, Kageyama will always be someone special to you.

Tears litter the concrete in front of your shoes and you quietly sniffled. Tsukishima stops when he hears you quietly cry. He walks over to you, gently lifting your head up to see your redden face. Tears easily slipping down your cheeks. Tsukishima bites his lower lip, sighing quietly. "Sorry, I shouldn't have said all that."

"Y/L/N!" A familiar warm voice shouts for you and you feel Tsukishima's hand stiffen on your chin. Tsukishima stares in disbelief when Suga runs towards the two of you, dropping his hand to his side. Suga places his hands on your shoulders, turning you towards him. "Hey." Suga's soft voice cuts through your whimpering. He kneels down to look up at you, his eyes moving to the red mark on your cheek. Carefully he grazes his thumb on your cheek. "This must hurt." Tsukishima snaps out of his silence. "What are you doing here Suga."

"The same reason you're here, Tsukishima." Suga turns his gaze over to Tsukishima, looking up. "You're not the only one that cares about Y/L/N."