Tsukishima's Conflicted Emotions

Time seems to freeze over when Tsukishima and Suga stare at one another. Suga awkwardly chuckles under his breath, scratching the back of his head. "Where did this question come from Tsukishima?" Suga's voice wavers and he avoids Tsukishima's piercing gaze. Tsukishima lowers his eyes and tightens his hands into fists in his pockets. He clenches his teeth and clicks his tongue.

"I...I've just had this irritating feeling bite at me every time I look at Y/L/N." Tsukishima speaks lowly. "I always find her in my way when I look ahead and seeing her clueless expression just..." Tsukishima clams up. Suga peers at Tsukishima's face and see's Tsukishima scrunch his face together cutting his sentence off. "Despite her being such an airhead, I can't forget that look of desperation she wore when she stepped in between Kageyama and I." Tsukishima slowly relaxes his face when he reminisces. "The look when she was heartbroken also irritated me." Tsukishima runs his fingers through his blonde hair. "But nothing makes me more angry than her not asking for help when she's hurting." Tsukishima lets his feelings out to Suga who stands there in silence. Tsukishima fights with his inner emotions, he struggles to understand these emotions or more like he didn't want to understand them.

"I can feel myself change and I hate it." Tsukishima murmurs under his breath. Suga carefully places his hand on Tsukishima's shoulder, pulling Tsukishima out of his thoughts. "I hate to say the obvious but...I think you like Y/L/N, Tsukishima." Suga speaks softly and his very words makes Tsukishima angry. Suga watches Tsukishima groan aloud. Tsukishima pulls away from Suga's grip and dashes away into the darkness. Suga slowly drops his hand to his side and stares at the pitch darkness ahead where Tsukishima disappeared off to. Sighing to himself, he runs his fingers through his hair. He never had the chance to answer Tsukishima's question.

🏐・゚゚・。.

The past few days you've busied yourself with the volleyball club and school work. Your mind didn't have time to think about anything else which you were grateful for. You woke up extra early to make a special bento box for Suga. Today is their first official match and you wanted to cheer him on in the only way you can think of.

Mom tiredly walks into the kitchen in her robe, hair a mess. She stops mid-yawn when she see's you in an apron, busily frying a pork cutlet. "Y/N? When did you wake up?" Mom walks over to you with a surprised expression. Her eyes then focus on the pork cutlet you're frying. "You're attempting tonkatsu?" Nodding your head, you put all your energy into focusing on the color of the panko covered pork that's floating in the oil. You've watched dad make these hundreds of times so you figured it shouldn't be that hard.

"Don't worry about your lunch. I'm also making one for you and dad. Breakfast is ready too, it's on the table." You say to her, gently flipping the pork cutlet over to crisp on the other side. Mom smiles to herself when she looks at you, making her way to the dining table. After frying all the pork cutlets, you assemble the lunch boxes and busily set everything in. Time seems to escape you this morning so you rush upstairs to change. Your mom waits for you at the end of the staircase, holding out two wrapped up bentos.

"Tell the boys I said good luck in today's game." She waves you off and you tell her goodbye before running off to school. You stand at the crosswalk impatiently. You plan to hand the bento box off to Suga first thing in the morning to see his reaction but you're unable to cross over the traffic. Once you see the flashing pedestrian sign, you quicken your pace towards the gym. You slow your tracks when a familiar sharp blue eyes stands in front of you. Kageyama seems out of breath and you can only assume he woke up early to get practice in. He silently looks at you before walking past you.

A cold chill runs down your spine and you bite your bottom lip. Lowering your head when Kageyama walks away. Feeling his presence gone, you walk towards the gym, you then pop your head in to see if Suga is in here or not. Tsukishima is the one in the gym and he notices you when he walks towards the door. "Ah, good morning Tsukki." You say to him with a lopsided smile. Tsukishima notices you're distracted and stares at your full hands. He reaches down to take one of the boxes away from you.

"I'm taking this." Tsukishima blatantly says to you before walking away.

"Hey, that's for Suga." You stammer out but Tsukishima ignores you.

"What's for me?" Suga says from behind you. Startled you jump a little before facing him. You stare at Suga's damp hair before staring at his school uniform. He must've changed out of his gym clothes when you were looking for him. Raising your hand up, you present him with a bento box. The one you planned to give him had a note attached on the inside saying good luck. "Tsukishima took your bento box, so you can have mine instead." Suga takes the bento box from you with a small smile. He then takes one of his arms out from his backpack strap and fumbles to unzip his backpack. Suga then pulls out a bento box of his own and hands it to you.

"You can have this one then." Extending both of your hands out, Suga places his bento box in your hands. "I made extra food in case I would be hungry after the game. I'm glad I did." Suga flashes a warm smile towards you. He places your bento box into his backpack and thanks you again for the food. "I'll see you at lunch." Suga reaches over to stroke your hair before leaving. Your heart tightens from his sweet gesture and you look down at the new bento box. A smile tugs on your lips and you hurry off to homeroom, completely forgetting that Tsukishima now has Suga's food.