Excitement and nervousness

The next morning you wake up earlier than usual. Excitement fills your body when you quickly walk down the stairs. Mom is the first one to see you, a surprised expression on her face. "You're up early Y/N." Mom lays out three bento boxes on the table. You open one of the cabinets and grab an extra bento box, placing it beside yours. She notices the extra box and curiosity forms on her face. "Should I make the rice?" You ask her while you walk over to the bag of rice.

"Did you need a second lunch to eat?" Mom asks you curiously and you shake your head.

"I promised to bring Suga a bento box from now on." You pour out four cups of rice before running water in the bowl to clean the rice. Mom raises an eyebrow, grabbing a pan out. "Suga?"

"He's a senior of mine." You say to her, opening the rice cooker up and placing the bowl inside. Pressing the 'cook' button you walk over to the fridge and pull out a few eggs. "Oh?" Mom's tone seems more high pitch and you look over to her while cracking the eggs into a bowl. "Before your imagination runs wild- we're friends." You know exactly where her thoughts are running to. You lower your eyes to the bowl, whisking it with a pair of chopsticks. "I'm not ready to fall in love again." You whisper to her. After whisking the eggs into a beautiful yellow, you hand the bowl over to your mom. Mom stares at you with a look of concern.

"You do know you can't control when love appears in front of you, right?" You watch her pour the eggs into the oiled pan. You ponder on her question for a bit. Of course you knew that. But as of right now, you're just going to take each day one at a time. You're not going to go out of your way to find someone to fall in love with. Dad walks into the kitchen with a smile on his face when he notices you and mom in the kitchen. "Good morning you two." Dads voice pulls you out of your thoughts. He walks over to you and gently kisses your head before turning over to mom, gently placing a kiss on her cheek. You stare at your parents, wondering how the two became a couple. But you're pulled out of your thoughts when mom calls you for assistance. The two of you busily prepare the bento boxes with other side dishes. The main entrée is the grilled salmon that you carefully placed over the bed of rice.

"Who's the other box for?" Dad asks, taking a sip of his coffee.

"A senior of Y/N. Suga was it?" Mom says cheekily. Knowing the topic will startle dad. "S-Senior?" Dad chokes a bit on his coffee.

"Mom!" You knit your brows together, slightly nudging her side when you walk over to the counter to cover the boxes. "He really enjoyed your tonkatsu yesterday." You change the topic, busying your fingers by wrapping the cloths over each bento box.

"He must be special if you shared my tonkatsu with him." Dad forms a smile on his face when you look up at him. "You wouldn't even share any with me when we would have extras." He chuckles. You feel your ears heat up and you avoid eye contact with dad. "Whoever Suga is must be extremely special since you've never made a bento box for anyone. Not even Kageyama." Mom whispers Kageyama's name when she speaks. You press your lips together at the thought. Dad notices your silence and places a hand on your shoulder, giving you a slight squeeze.

"You should hurry and get ready for school. Make sure Suga eats every single bite of his lunch today." Dad flashes you a smile and you nod your head. Quickly, you grab the boxes from the counter and hurry over to the front entrance, sliding your shoes on and fumbling to get your backpack over your shoulders. With a quick goodbye you close the door behind you and make your way to school.

🏐・゚゚・。.

Lunch time finally rolls around and you couldn't be more excited to show Suga the bento box you helped mom prepared this morning. Yachi walks over to your desk with a bento box herself. "Did you want to eat with Hinata and I?" Yachi asks. You ponder on the thought before asking her, "You don't mind if Suga comes too?" Yachi flashes you a smile, "The more the merrier!" The two of you exit the classroom and you send Suga a text to meet up at the courtyard. Yachi notices the two bento boxes in your hand.

"Is the second one for Suga?" Yachi asks curiously. Shyly you nod your head, a small smile forming on your face. Yachi's eyes sparkle when a thought appears in front of her. "I should make one for Hinata too. Thanks for the idea Y/N!" Yachi happily sits down at one of the picnic tables under a tree. You sit across from her and spot a particularly energetic person. Hinata shouts Yachi's name, waving at her with several bags of bread. Hinata notices you and waves in your direction too. Dropping the pile of bread on the table, Hinata makes himself comfortable beside Yachi.

"Did you get anything else besides bread, Hinata?" You stare at the variety of types and Hinata rips open one. "No, not really. I just grabbed whatever was left." Hinata chuckles, scratching the side of his head embarrassed. Yachi turns to Hinata with eager eyes. "Starting tomorrow I'll make you a bento box, okay Hinata?" Hinata gasps with wide eyes. "Really?! You'd do that for me Yachi?!" Yachi nods her head furiously and you smile at the two in front of you.

"Ah, sorry. I'm here!" A panting voice says from behind you. Suga takes a seat next to you out of breath."Suga, why are you so out of breath?" Hinata asks between mouthfuls of bread. Suga exhales under his breath, trying to calm down his breathing. "I had to run paperwork over to the teachers lounge." Suga turns his attention to you. "You didn't wait long, did you Y/L/N?" Shaking your head, you place his bento box in front of him. Suga forms a wide smile when he looks at the bento box in front of him. His fingers busily unwrap the cloth and unveils the lid. Yachi and Hinata both seem intrigued as they gasp at the food inside.

"Wow..." Suga seems in awe at how carefully everything is placed in the box. "Did you make that all yourself Y/N?" Yachi asks, her eyes sparkling from the food.

"N-No. My mom helped." You start to feel nervous when everyone stares at the bento box. Suga thanks you for the food before taking a bite. His expression turns into bliss and joy. You smile from his reaction, relaxing your shoulders. Hinata grins when he see's the silly ketchup expressions on the rolled eggs in the bento box. "You must've put a lot of time in to make Suga's lunch." Pursing your lips together you lower your eyes, opening your own bento box to eat.

"I feel like I should step up my game." Yachi giggles besides Hinata. Hinata turns to look at Yachi with a smile. "I'll eat whatever you make Yachi. Even if it's burnt." Hinata grins and Yachi blushes beside him. The two converse to one another while you and Suga quietly eat your lunches. You were nervous all morning during class, wondering if Suga would enjoy his lunch. Now you can relax knowing he's enjoying it.

"You always seem to surprise me Y/L/N." Suga softly says to you, lowering his chopsticks to look at you. You lower your chopsticks, raising an eyebrow from Suga's words. "You undermine yourself too much. The food you made today tastes wonderful." Suga stares at you with a gentle expression. "I don't want to be biased but I'd say it's much better than your dads." He snickers under his breath. You're at a loss for words but Suga continues to shower you with compliments. "It's been awhile since someone cooked specifically for me. So, thank you Y/L/N." Suga extends his hand towards your head, gently stroking. His finger tips gently graze through your hair as if you were a fragile porcelain doll. Feeling too shy from his kindness you tense up. Suga notices and pulls his hand away, a dry chuckle escapes his lips before he returns to his food.

Yachi notices the exchange and a cheeky smile forms on her face. The four of you finish up your lunch and exchange goodbyes before heading back to your own classes.