Memories of last year

"Kageyama, here you go." You hand Kageyama a new water bottle. He thanks you before chugging it down. Sweat dripping off of his face and onto the gymnasium waxed floor.

You've been working besides Kageyama for a few days now and the team have been practicing relentlessly for their first practice game tomorrow morning. Whether it's a practice game or an official one, the teams seriousness does not waver.

Kageyama hands you the empty bottle back. "Don't work too hard on my behalf." He says before ruffling your hair gently. "I'm going to practice a bit more before we head home."

You nod your head as you watch him run towards the middle of the gym.

"Y/L/N." A voice calls out to you, catching your attention.

Takeda Ittetsu walks up to you with a few papers in his hand. He adjusts his glasses on the bridge of his nose and smiles at you. "Kiyoko told me you took these notes for me." Takeda stares at the paper in his hands before looking back over to you. "Thank you! It's really easy for me to understand. With the help from you, Kiyoko, and Ukai...I think I'll know more about volleyball in a short span than I ever will."

Scratching the side of your head you smile shyly. "You're welcome sir."

He says thank you once more before rejoining Ukai on the bench. The two begin discussing tomorrows practice training.

You notice Kiyoko slowly collecting her belongings and decide to help her.

"Are you heading home now Kiyoko?" You ask her as you hand her a bag that sits beside her backpack. Kiyoko takes the bag from you and nods her head with a smile.

"It's a big day for the guys tomorrow. I have a few things I need to settle before then so I'm leaving early." Kiyoko waves a goodbye to you and exits the gym. As if Tanaka and Nishinoya had a sixth sense for Kiyoko, the two stop their practice and call out after her. The two dashing out of the gym.

Daichi sighs, shaking his head when he looks at the two disappear. "I guess we should head home now." He chuckles under his breath.

"I'll stay here a little longer." Kageyama says besides Daichi, jumping up to smack the volleyball towards Hinata who's on the other side of the net.

Daichi looks at Kageyama and Hinata. The two wearing a serious gaze at one another.

"You two should get an early sleep. Don't wear yourselves out. Come on, let's clean this place up and grab something from the convenience store." Daichi starts to pick up stray volleyballs but neither Kageyama and Hinata listen to him.

"Let's wrap it up you two." Coach Ukai shouts towards Kageyama and Hinata. You turn to look at the two and notice how focused Kageyama is.

He seems to be in his own world.