Chapter 9

"Naruto and Rin aren't here? Looks like they were out all night again," Tazuna said.

"They've gone completely crazy. Naruto's climbing trees in the dark and I have no idea what Rin is doing. They could be dead by now. Ya know, from using up too much of their chakra," Sakura said nonchalantly. 

"Well I certainly hope they're okay. Children spending the night out in the woods alone," Tsunami said walking over to the table.

"There's nothing to worry about. Naruto's a goofy kid, but he is a full-fledged ninja. Rin may not look very strong, but she has some tricks up her sleeve. They can handle themselves," Kakashi said looking up at Tsunami. 

"Sakura's right. Naruto's such a loser he's probably lying out there dead somewhere," Sasuke said standing up. "I'm gonna go find my sister. I wanna make sure she's okay." He took off out the door.

***

"Rin, wake up," Sasuke said and she groaned as she opened her eyes. She flinched back from the bright light.

"Sasuke?" she groggily asked looking at him.

"You'll get sick of you sleep out here especially with what you're wearing. I had to come make sure you were okay," he said as she sat up.

"I'm tired but fine," she replied rubbing her eyes with a yawn. He chuckled and she sent him a small glare.

"Your fault for staying out all night. Now, I'm gonna go find Naruto. You should go back and get some food," he said and she huffed out her cheeks. As soon as he left, she grinned and stood up. She activated her Sharingan and formed the Lightning Blade. She hit a tree with it making some of it disintegrate and the rest of it fall. She activated her half Susanoo armor. She grabbed the sword and sent the Lightning Blade into it. She cut through ten trees disintegrating them. She deactivated it and sighed. She sensed Kakashi coming and had her regular Sharingan at the ready. She formed the Lightning Blade again and just as he walked into the clearing, she ran and hit the tree with it. It did the same thing as she yanked her hand back and jumped away.

"You've mastered the technique!" he said in surprise while she nodded. He walked over to her, and patted her head as she smiled up at him. "Sasuke and Naruto got a lot further on the tree." Her smile widened, and they began walking back to the house. As soon as they were back at the house, Tsunami put a bowl of food on the table and motioned for Rin to eat. Rin gladly sat down and began munching down on it.

Later that night, Sasuke and Naruto walked in. Sasuke was holding Naruto up and Naruto looked up at them with a grin.

"What have you been up to? You look like something the cat dragged in," Tazuna said looking them over.

"We both made it. We climbed all the way to the top," Naruto replied.

"Good. Now we move on. Starting tomorrow, you two and Rin are all bodyguards for Tazuna," Kakashi-sensei said.

"Alright!" Naruto cheered making him and Sasuke fall back.

"You are such a loser!" Sasuke said. Rin rolled her eyes and helped Sasuke up and then Naruto. They all sat down and everyone finished eating.

"In a few more days the bridge will be finished. I have you to thank for that," Tazuna said.

"You've all done great, but you've still got to be careful," Tsunami said picking up the plates.

"I've been meaning to ask you this, but I haven't had the chance until now. Why did you stay to protect me even though you found out I lied to bring you here?" he asked.

"Those who stray from the path of justice have no courage, but under the wing of a strong leader, cowardice cannot survive." Kakashi answered confusing them.