Chapter 8

"Huh?!" they all said in shock.

"But we saw his body believe it!" Naruto said and Rin face palmed.

"He was put in a temporary death state. Meaning, the masked guy stopped his heart for a few so he could get Zabuza out of there safely," Rin said slowly so they could understand. Kakashi began to explain to them more about trackers and the needles.

"Sensei, you said prepare quickly, but how can we do that when you can barely move?" Sakura asked. Kakashi chuckled.

"I can still train you," he replied.

"Hold on! A little last minute training won't make us strong enough to fight Zabuza. You could barely defeat him even with your Sharingan! We have to be reasonable about this!" Sakura argued.

"Sakura, why was I able to stop Zabuza? Because you all helped me. You've grown. Naruto, you've grown the most," Kakashi said with a close eyed smile.

"So you noticed Kakashi-sensei! Now things are gonna get better believe it," he said.

"I don't believe it and nothing's gonna be good!" a little boy yelled.

"Who are you?!" Naruto yelled pointing at the little boy.

"Inari, where have you been?!" Tazuna said.

"Welcome back grandpa!" Inari yelled running and hugging him.

"Inari that was very rude," Tsunami said putting her hands on her hips. "These ninja helped your grandpa and brought him here safely."

"It's okay. It's okay. I'm rude to them too," Tazuna said patting Inari's head with a chuckle.

"Mom don't you see? These people are gonna die! Gato and his men will find them and wipe them out!" he yelled. Rin zoned them out watching Inari. There was sadness in his eyes. The way he said they were gonna be wiped out sounded like Gato had already taken someone close to them. "Ha, there's no such thing as a hero. You're just full of stupid ideas!" Rin heard Inari say making Naruto mad.

"Maybe we are, or maybe you've given up because of losing someone. You think you have it bad? You haven't seen bad. My whole clan was wiped out. Instead of saying everything is useless why don't you get up, stop crying, and fight for yourself. No such thing as heroes? Kid, why don't you wake up and become your own hero. There's people out there who need help, and I won't stop until they've been helped. I am a ninja and I will become Hokage one day," Rin said giving him a determined look.

"Rin that was going too far," Sakura said as Inari ran out of the room crying.

"Too far? Sakura, you haven't seen too far. I'm not an idiot. Inside I know he's sad, but he can't just give up every time one thing fails or someone close to him dies. It's like if we as ninja quit in a middle of a mission. If you stop believing in yourself and other people then what's the point in living." Rin crossed her arms and looked at her.

"Still Rin-" Naruto began, but stopped when she sent him a small glare.

"Naruto, when you were fighting Zabuza you kept on believing in your skills. You were able to help get Kakashi out of that prison. Sasuke, you and Naruto both had teamwork, but if you didn't believe in each other it would have failed." They thought it over for a minute and realized Rin was right.

***

"All right, training starts now. First, we will begin with a review of chakra, the ninjas basic source of power. Understanding chakra is essential," Kakashi explained.

"We know that," Sasuke said in a bored tone. Rin zoned them out and looked at all of the trees.

"Rin, you and Sakura explain to Naruto what chakra is," Kakashi said snapping Rin out of her daydreaming.