15

It was 11 pm, and everyone has soundly tacked away. They had an early schedule tomorrow so they all went to bed, but Mark. He couldn't seem to fall asleep no matter how he tried. His heart was too heavy, he had a lot on his mind. The image of Donghyuck embracing that witch set a fire inside of him. 

Mark dryly chuckled in disbelief, he was losing sleep over someone who didn't even care about him. And that pissed him off.

Getting out of bed, he sighed to himself as he brushed his hair out his face and walked out towards the kitchen to get some water. Little did he know, already in the kitchen drinking water was Donghyuck. He also couldn't sleep.

Both boys stood still, this was the first time in a long time they were alone. Hearts equally racing out of their chest, they awkwardly looked at each other as silence filled the room.

The older boy breathed in deeply as he cleared his throat. "Can't sleep too?" he chuckled stiffly, as he rubbed the nape of his neck, contemplating whether to go back to his room or not. 

This was the first time Mark had spoken to Donghyuck in months, without warning, tears started streaming down the smaller boy's reddening cheeks. Hastily, the younger boy turned away in an attempt to conceal his tears however Mark had already gotten a glimpse and unconsciously made his way over to the tan boy.

"Hey.. are you okay?" Donghyuck hitched his breath as shivers run up his spine, he could feel Mark's hot breath on the back of his neck. Before his knees nearly gave up on him, Donghyuck shoved the older boy away from himself in an attempt to run back into his room. 

But Mark's big hands held tightly around Donghyuck's frail wrist. The older boy was astounded by his actions, it was like his body had a mind of its own. 

"... Donghyuck?" Mark's deep voice called out softly whilst observing how thin the boy's wrist had gotten.

The said boy's body quivered at the sound of his name leaving Mark's mouth. Until now, he never thought he'd hear him call his name out. 

Mark took a deep breath as he looked at the smaller boy's shaking body and noticed how redden his ears and nape were. Was he nervous too?

"Donghyuck... Can we talk?"